Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2009, 08:40   #1
Senior Member+

Laptop Help

For some reason, this morning, my laptop has decided that it isnt going to remember my login details for any of the sites that I go on (accyweb, yahoo, facebook etc) Normally I just type in the web address and it logs me in automatically but everytime I leave a site now, when I go back I am having to log in again (eventhough I am ticking the "remember me" boxes)

I have not changed any settings, why is it doing this and how do I get it to stop? I want it to remember me like it used to

Anyone any idea on how to sort this so I dont have to keep entering my login details everywhere?
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2009, 09:00   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Laptop Help

Usually works for me emzy failing that PM mick
Old 12-07-2009, 10:28   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
For some reason, this morning, my laptop has decided that it isnt going to remember my login details for any of the sites that I go on (accyweb, yahoo, facebook etc) Normally I just type in the web address and it logs me in automatically but everytime I leave a site now, when I go back I am having to log in again (eventhough I am ticking the "remember me" boxes)

I have not changed any settings, why is it doing this and how do I get it to stop? I want it to remember me like it used to

Anyone any idea on how to sort this so I dont have to keep entering my login details everywhere?
Have you tried roll back, to a restore point when everything worked OK.

It usually happens after you've removed cookies and unwanted files.
It does on mine, but when I log in and enter the pass words it usually remembers them till next time I have a clear out.

Control panel / Advanced read what it says on bottom line. remember if your not sure the most imprtant button is cancel.
Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 12-07-2009 at 10:37.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 13:25   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Have you tried roll back, to a restore point when everything worked OK.

It usually happens after you've removed cookies and unwanted files.
It does on mine, but when I log in and enter the pass words it usually remembers them till next time I have a clear out.

Control panel / Advanced read what it says on bottom line. remember if your not sure the most imprtant button is cancel.
Retlaw.

How do i roll back? I dont know what im looking for
Old 12-07-2009, 14:31   #5
Beacon of light

I wonder if retlaw is referring to a system restore this will take your computer back to what it was on a selected restore date...that is, before you had a problem....so if the problem started yesterday you take it back to Fridays date.
I think the system restore is in the Control Panel section of your computer.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 14:35   #6
Beacon of light

I have just checked om my own machine,and System restore is in the Performance and Maintenance section of the control panel.
I am runiing on XP, so if you are Vista or anything else it may be slightly different.
I hope this helps.

Having said that I have found that when I have deleted cookies and internet temporary files my computer has done exactly the same thing.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 15:09   #7
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Most likely your cookies have become corrupt or your browser profile isnt loading. You didnt say which browser you are using.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 15:17   #8
Senior Member+

I seem to have sorted it, i reset my explorer and it seems to have worked. I just went for a nosey through the settings and thought id try it

Not too sure how it happened as i havnt touched any settings but all seems ok now.

Thanks for all the suggestions though
Old 12-07-2009, 15:17   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Most likely your cookies have become corrupt or your browser profile isnt loading. You didnt say which browser you are using.

I don't know
Old 20-07-2009, 07:56   #10
Senior Member+

use FIREFOX...just a suggestion. That never forgets passwords unless you clear them in settings.

by browser he means. Internet explorer, Firefox, opera ETC

edit: as an afterthought. System restore is not the magical fix for every single problem on windows. sorry if
that sounds like a dig but so many people think it will fix the minor things...and its a waste of time and bad
for your computer. A pc expert i talked to turns his off for this reason
Best thing to do is to find out where you went wrong and why.

funny story. Once on AOL message board somebody said " HELP my task bar is at top of the screen. Have i got a virus!!!"

Reply from user " Use system restore, Thats what i did when i had this problem "

:P

Last edited by Restless; 20-07-2009 at 08:01.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 09:34   #11

I dont think restore would have worked, it sounds like a privacy thing to me, set too high maybe. Anyways you are sorted hopefully
spex357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 09:36   #12
Senior Member+

Yeah, i just restored the explorer settings, didnt loose my favourites luckily but it just set it back to how it was day 1 so all seems fine now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..