Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2010, 22:14   #1
God Member

make windows 7 eaier

follow these easy steps to make win7 easier to use and set up how you like

when creating the new folder leave out the speech marks when copy pasting the name it says to use

How to Activate GodMode in Windows 7 - Tom's Hardware

tried this god-mode myself and it makes things a lot easier to do

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2010, 22:15   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: make windows 7 eaier

If I could get the damn to to install I would try it
Old 08-01-2010, 22:17   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

So where abouts do you create this new folder?
Old 09-01-2010, 02:05   #4
God Member

on your desktop will do when you have pressed enter after entering teh name it will autyomaticly change into a shortcut

why microsoft hid this i have no idea but it makes finding things that yo want to alter a damn sight easier

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 09-01-2010, 02:31   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
why microsoft hid this i have no idea
Could it be because they are idiots?
Old 09-01-2010, 08:52   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Could it be because they are idiots?
Or they think everybody else is
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:07   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Look at it as if it was one infinite cryptic crossword, without the aid of clues, it's really good when you find something that fits in somewhere, even if you aren't sure what it is or does when you've found it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 19:43   #8
Senior Member+

hey nice thanks for that
Old 13-01-2010, 16:19   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
hey nice thanks for that
i just keep a copy of the shortcut on a usb stick for when im setting up peoples computers with windows 7 it makes life much easier setting it up after installing it

Old 17-01-2010, 18:31   #10

This has been around for ages . Im sure they had the exact same thing on Vista.
sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 19:46   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage butty View Post
This has been around for ages . Im sure they had the exact same thing on Vista.
and teh point you are trying to make is..

other than if your finger is so much on teh pulse of teh tech world then why didnt you post it ?

Old 18-01-2010, 19:45   #12

calm down man i didnt mean to offend you. i thought everybody knew.

sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 20:36   #13
Senior Member+

I have been operataing PC's since 1983 and used most OS's including writing basic for the old TRSDOS system which had two 5.5 inch floppy disks, one for the OS and one for the program.
I have now got Win7 Ultimate, activated not dodgy, and find it the best and easiest system to use up to now. If anybody thinks Ultimate is too expensive just buy Home Premium there is not much difference unless you have business and they are both as easy to use.
PC Advisor forum is a good source of advice for anybody who needs help and an answer to your query will usually arrive pretty quickly (as it does on this excellent forum).
I must add that I am 71 but still active in mind if not body but that shouldn't stop any other OAP from trying the new OS.

Gremlin R.T.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 22:19   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I have been operataing PC's since 1983 and used most OS's including writing basic for the old TRSDOS system which had two 5.5 inch floppy disks, one for the OS and one for the program.
I have now got Win7 Ultimate, activated not dodgy, and find it the best and easiest system to use up to now. If anybody thinks Ultimate is too expensive just buy Home Premium there is not much difference unless you have business and they are both as easy to use.
PC Advisor forum is a good source of advice for anybody who needs help and an answer to your query will usually arrive pretty quickly (as it does on this excellent forum).
I must add that I am 71 but still active in mind if not body but that shouldn't stop any other OAP from trying the new OS.

Gremlin R.T.
This is one of my earlier computers, dates from around 1980. I have an old Sinclair somewhere with an add on by Maplin, but can't put my hand on it.

Retlaw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0005.JPG (289.9 KB, 3 views)
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 23:01   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Some of the older Sinclair machines are worth a few quid now like this ZX80 on ebay

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..