Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 14:53   #1
Senior Member+

Netbook Screen

HAS CRACKED !

Quite gutted ATM ! I've accidentally led on my netbook screen and it's cracked does anyone know the cheapest or easiest way to sort this out? Any shops that repair these on the cheap etc?

Cheers guys !

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-07-2011, 11:25   #2

Re: Netbook Screen

What's the manufacturer & model number?

I seem to be getting a name for myself among my stepdaughter's friends for repairing their ipod, iphone & macbook screens. It's easy to find video tutorials on YouTube and replacement screens on eBay - I wonder if Apple users are just particularly clumsy?

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 18:55   #3

Try these people for starters,they are in Manchester-----------------

Replacement Laptop Screens & Laptop Screen Repair - LaptopScreenOnline.com
TubbyLes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 19:35   #4
Senior Member+

I recently had a laptop fail after 15 months and had not renewed the warranty.
I eventually got Curry's to give me 80% of my money back and they told me to dispose of the laptop.
I sold it to PC Cellular and they used it for spares. I kept the 500 gig hard drive and they also gave me a caddy for it so I could use it for back ups.

Give them a try. They wouldn't buy broken laptops if they couldn't use the working parts.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:55   #5
Senior Member+

It's a PACKARD BELL DOT SE-111UK Netbook guys!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 22:00   #6

I reckon this is the screen you need. £50 including postage, whereas replacing the whole netbook will cost less than £200. Plus you get a new guarantee and can use the old hard drive as a spare.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 14:04   #7
God Member

Lee i know this threads a few months old but i just got my laptop screen replaced and fitted for £45 at Mill Computers in Blackburn, its just off Darwen street across from Brooke advisory centre....some plank on the market quoted me £110, i took it to Lee at Mill and he fixed it in 20 minutes, no messing
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..