Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2014, 21:05   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Problem with e-mail?

I'm having crap wi me e-mail as wynonie can verify, Whats happening is i am getting me usual rubbish e-mails daily,yet a lass is trying to send me n e-mail using the correct addy yet it won't come, its definitely correct, cos me mate wynonie tried to send me one this afternoon, n i know hes got correct details, cos we send to each other fer yonks no problem, anyone explain what the score is, in terms a simpleton like me will grasp?
Old 01-04-2014, 21:21   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Problem with e-mail?

Cashy, send the lass an email and get her to put it in her contacts list....then send you the email again.....you only need to have a minor mistake for the mail not to go.
If I want someone to email me...I email them first.....so that they can use my email to reply to.
If that doesn't work get the lass to send it to wynonie, and he can forward it to you.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 21:29   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, send the lass an email and get her to put it in her contacts list....then send you the email again.....you only need to have a minor mistake for the mail not to go.
If I want someone to email me...I email them first.....so that they can use my email to reply to.
If that doesn't work get the lass to send it to wynonie, and he can forward it to you.
Theres nowt wrong at all wi the addy margaret, wynonie cant send me one now, yet i told him to send angela one n that went fine.
Old 01-04-2014, 21:30   #4
Senior Member+

Check your junk mail folder.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 21:34   #5
Beacon of light

Sorry Cashy, thought it was just the lass who couldn't get the email to go.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 21:36   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Check your junk mail folder.
For what? theres nowt in it.
Old 01-04-2014, 21:38   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Sorry Cashy, thought it was just the lass who couldn't get the email to go.
Nah wynonie couldn't send me one today to test it, n hes been sending me em fer years, yet all the sodding rubbish still coming through. not spam as such but crap from firms etc i have used come through no problem, i call those junk.
Old 01-04-2014, 21:48   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
For what? theres nowt in it.
For the missing email, sometimes legit emails get flagged as junk and put in there, but if you`ve already checked and it`s empty then thats obviously not the case.
Old 01-04-2014, 22:03   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
For the missing email, sometimes legit emails get flagged as junk and put in there, but if you`ve already checked and it`s empty then thats obviously not the case.
Nah its a real puzzler never happened before. But it aint hard to baffle me wi technical crap.
Old 01-04-2014, 22:06   #10
Senior Member+

Problem with e-mail?

What do you use, is it a web based email like Hotmail, or something like Microsoft outlook.
Old 01-04-2014, 22:17   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Nah it was wanadoo, which became freeserve, which became orange which is now owned by EE, have never consciously changed e-mail n never ever had a problem like this.
Old 01-04-2014, 22:24   #12
Senior Member+

Wanadoo is your provider, but how do you access your emails, is it through your internet browser or do you have a program installed to access them MS outlook or windows mail for example.
Just as a quick test, try sending an email to yourself.
Old 01-04-2014, 22:29   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I acess through a page orange in me bookmarks always have. will try that,sending meself one, have just used wifes n sent meself n its come, but the thing was i could only put a subject, not a message, there was no place to put one??
Old 01-04-2014, 22:32   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have just sent meself one n thats come ok?? crazy is this
Old 01-04-2014, 22:35   #15
Senior Member+

I don`t think there are that many things you can do with web based email, if you have internet access you shouldn`t really have any problems. If your mrs is using the same kind of email without issue, then maybe the problem is at the other end and the person sending the email has the problem.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..