Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2011, 19:49   #1
Senior Member+

Problem with Incredimail

Does anyone use it and have you found since yesterday that you can't open it?
The opening page has changed, it used to be an orange envelope, now its a little figure connecting wires,the connection fails and the message comes up 'Your attention is needed.in order to run Incredimail the registration must be completed.Please make sure your firewall is not blocking Incredimail'.
I turned the Norton firewall off but it still won't load(now on again). Windows firewall is already off to avoid the two clashing.
I'm wondering if Incredimail introduced an update yesterday which is causing the problem, it's always been fine before.
Being clueless on computers I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice or tips.
Thanks,
Gordon.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2011, 20:20   #2
God Member

Re: Problem with Incredimail

Go to the Incredimail Website and download again.
This should update your current programme and fix the glitch.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 20:55   #3
Beacon of light

I use Incredimail....and have had no problems with it......although it is now called Incredimail 2.

I wasn't going to upgrade to this version as I liked the old version better.....but my computer crashed and burned last October....so when I got the new machine I had to load the newer version.....and now I am getting messages about another upgrade.
So I think Royboys advice is good......you will just have to grasp the nettle and upgrade Gordon.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 21:04   #4
Senior Member+

Interesting! Downloaded again and Norton flagged up 'Fewer than 5 users in the Norton community have used this file'. Still doesn't load.On the Incredimail website it flags up 'Mcafee secure tested 15 June'. So is it a new version which Norton doesn't recognise yet? Could that be right?. Will try again tomorrow, thanks for the advise Royboy39 and Margaret. I'll let you know how I go on.
Old 15-06-2011, 21:48   #5

I use Incredimail2 and have had no problems whatsoever.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 07:25   #6
Beacon of light

Gordon it sounds like your Norton and Macafee are the culprits.
I ditched both of those in favour of Bullguard.
Old 16-06-2011, 07:40   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

like gordon i know nowt about computers, but am aware of a few folk who have ditched Norton @ Mcafee, saying their crap.
Old 16-06-2011, 08:08   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Have Incredimail & no problems, as to protection Antivir (free). I know it sounds daft, but be sure any upgrades/new versions you load are the "Free versions".
Old 16-06-2011, 08:46   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Gordon it sounds like your Norton and Macafee are the culprits.
I ditched both of those in favour of Bullguard.
I'll second that Margaret, I've had no problems what so ever since I ditched Mcafee (I don't like norton anyway) and took your advice to changed to Bullguard
Old 16-06-2011, 09:22   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Interesting! Downloaded again and Norton flagged up 'Fewer than 5 users in the Norton community have used this file'. Still doesn't load.On the Incredimail website it flags up 'Mcafee secure tested 15 June'. So is it a new version which Norton doesn't recognise yet? Could that be right?. Will try again tomorrow, thanks for the advise Royboy39 and Margaret. I'll let you know how I go on.
When Norton moans about it can you not tell it to run it anyway?
Old 17-06-2011, 19:29   #11
Senior Member+

I went on the Incredimail website last night and it said there was an update to sort a few small bugs.Downloaded it and Norton accepted it.SMALL BUGS?? It said Incredimail 2 but it's unbelievably slow and 'clunky'. I've just switched on now and got 6 copies of a B&Q advert, one by one!! It was very good before,is it likely to settle down?
Thanks,everyone, for your help and advice but I don't think I'm there yet, might be shouting 'Help' again soon.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 17-06-2011 at 19:30. Reason: Spelling!
Old 17-06-2011, 19:43   #12
God Member

Check the dates and times of the emails, it could well be that the emails were stored on your host.

Old 17-06-2011, 20:02   #13
Senior Member+

Royboy, they were all timed 10.48,17/6?? They were all identical B&Q adverts and just downloaded one by one. No more come on in the last hour, though.
I must say I don't like Norton, it takes ages scanning and it's very hard to navigate it AND I think it slows everthing down. However, Spybot and Adaware never find anything, they used to with McAfee. When Norton runs out soon I'll not renew and use one of the free ones recomended on here.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 17-06-2011 at 20:08.
Old 17-06-2011, 20:12   #14
God Member

I use AVG, a freebee and have no problems...................Google it

Old 17-06-2011, 20:36   #15
Beacon of light

Gordon change your browser to Firefox...it seems to be much safer that IE.
My bullguard runs a daily quickscan and a big scan once a week......the quickscan used to pick up 14-20 viruses daily while I was using IE....but now nothing since I changed to Firefox. I am a new convert but I like it.
As for Norton...rubbish and does definitely slow down the machine....didn't like Macafee either......got a trojan while I was running the Free antivirus....so I now have bullguard.

It is cheaper than getting a trojan or a worm removed from your system.......and you can try it free for 60 days.
Free Anti Virus Trial and Internet Security Software - BullGuard.com
Here is a link for you to have a look at.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..