Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2011, 20:00   #1
I am Banned

Problems with AccyWeb

Starting yesterday, couldn't access Accy Web, it would open then freeze up mouse wouldn't work on any button, program not responding.
Rang Atarah she was having the same problem, now Wallop's has stopped working, rang Mick and he's having a look, having to access the site thro safari, haven't tried Safari before, but I don't like it, makes a right mess of my search for Accrington Pals on Ancestry.
I've now tried Firefox, Goggle, Opera, IE8. and a couple of obscure ones, they all cause problems with Ancestry.
Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2011, 20:05   #2
Give, give, give member

re: Problems with AccyWeb

I'm able to log in, but it's verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 20:15   #3
Senior Member+

Its fine over here !
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 20:33   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i aint had any problems walter wi firefox.
Old 16-10-2011, 20:55   #5
Beacon of light

It was very slow for me earlier this evening.......so I went and amused myself with something else for a while. It seems Ok now.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 21:05   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Starting yesterday, couldn't access Accy Web, it would open then freeze up mouse wouldn't work on any button, program not responding.
Rang Atarah she was having the same problem, now Wallop's has stopped working, rang Mick and he's having a look, having to access the site thro safari, haven't tried Safari before, but I don't like it, makes a right mess of my search for Accrington Pals on Ancestry.
I've now tried Firefox, Goggle, Opera, IE8. and a couple of obscure ones, they all cause problems with Ancestry.
Retlaw
I am not having any problems with the site at the moment.

If you have problems with all those browsers on that Ancestry website it suggests the site has been very poorly written.
Old 16-10-2011, 22:44   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I am not having any problems with the site at the moment.

If you have problems with all those browsers on that Ancestry website it suggests the site has been very poorly written.
Your telling me, it can sometimes take a couple of hours to find some of them, through vagaries of spelling, ie E Lan R, E Lanc R, E. Lancs R. Est Lanc, Est Lancashire & East Lancashire, just for one regiment, then you can get some real corkers in the spelling of surnames.
I've contacted them by email & asked them to get the clown who wrote the code, to include all the variations into East Lancashire, still waiting.
I think the index was written by some body whose 1st language was not English, probably a one eyed Klingon using a Mandarin dictionary.
Ancestry do admit they are having problems with IE8

Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 16-10-2011 at 22:51.
Old 17-10-2011, 06:59   #8
Resting in Peace

As your using IE6 still i would suggest you change the Accyweb colour scheme to blue as it has a lot less stuff to load and might speed up a bit for you
go right to the bottom of the site and in the left hand side is a drop down menu try changing it to the blue and see how you go
but it would be better if you could use an updated browser i use IE9
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2011, 07:13   #9
God Member

you really should get off IE6 as soon as possible to be honest. Its really not a browser that should be used anymore. If you are Internet Explorer biased then get to IE9 ( you aren't still on XP are you? I recall you had to buy a new PC)

You dont mention Googles "Chrome" browser, have you tried that? Quite a few of the techies I know prefer that. I have always liked Opera as people know, at work I'm forced to use Firefox or IE. TBH probably 90% of my personal browsing is now tablet(Android) based for which I like Dolphin HD

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2011, 08:29   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
As your using IE6 still i would suggest you change the Accyweb colour scheme to blue as it has a lot less stuff to load and might speed up a bit for you
go right to the bottom of the site and in the left hand side is a drop down menu try changing it to the blue and see how you go
I'm on that too mick, I have always used Accy Web Blue, don't like the red, too much like claret for me, Mine has been okay had no problems what-so-ever
Old 17-10-2011, 10:45   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
you really should get off IE6 as soon as possible to be honest. Its really not a browser that should be used anymore. If you are Internet Explorer biased then get to IE9 ( you aren't still on XP are you? I recall you had to buy a new PC)

You dont mention Googles "Chrome" browser, have you tried that? Quite a few of the techies I know prefer that. I have always liked Opera as people know, at work I'm forced to use Firefox or IE. TBH probably 90% of my personal browsing is now tablet(Android) based for which I like Dolphin HD

Yes I have a WIN7 computer, can't get my head round all the new phraseology they are using, tried it to access Accy Web in desperation, it worked Ok on that one.
It alright for someone new to computing, they don't know any different, but to me WIN7 is a pain in the backside, can't make moss nor sand of it.
As I said I've tried all the other browsers and when on Ancestry they are a right mess.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 17-10-2011 at 10:49.
Old 17-10-2011, 10:47   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry Mick but can't change to blue, the dammed thing freezes as soon as it opens, can't scroll down to change colours.

Retlaw
Old 17-10-2011, 11:01   #13
God Member

Re: Problems with AccyWeb

try this link

Accrington Web - Discussion forum for the Hyndburn and Accrington area.

or if you can get on in any way add

?styleid=44 to the end of the address

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2011, 11:01   #14
I am Banned

I'm back. just tried Mick's suggestion of changing to Accy Blue, after the 3rd attempt managed to get to the bottom before it froze up and changed to blue.
Retlaw.
Old 17-10-2011, 16:16   #15
God Member

i haven't been able to get on here through my phone for the last 3 days, it's running very slow through my laptop too
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..