Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 20:57   #1
I am Banned

Restoring Emails & Addresses

Got this new computer, had Vista removed and XP put on,
now I'm blowed if I can find out how to restore the emails to outlook.

Mick helped me create a file on the old computer, which was then in My Documents, checked it before the comp turned its toes up, and that file got updated on reciept of any new mail, I now have that file on memory stick. Tried umpteen times to put that file on the comp, and get outlook to recognise it, so far no luck. Any one know how, thanks in advance.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-01-2009, 21:22   #2
God Member

Re: Restoring Emails & Addresses

Did Mick export the emails from outlook into a file, or did he save the file directly? Depending on which one depends what you need to do.
Old 09-01-2009, 22:36   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Did Mick export the emails from outlook into a file, or did he save the file directly? Depending on which one depends what you need to do.
Into a file under Douments called My Emails. I've now found the file in this version of XP, it was in a different place, managed to copy all the emails, before I did I changed the name of the folders of the last two days emails.
Library to Librarey, but the file called Librarey has vanished. Although all the old emails are there, its lost the contacts list somewhere, but I'll live.
Thanks

Retlaw.
Old 09-01-2009, 23:30   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Got this new computer, had Vista removed and XP put on

Just a quick question or two

Why did you have XP put on it?

Did they charge you for the copy of XP and to install it?
Old 10-01-2009, 20:10   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Just a quick question or two

Why did you have XP put on it?

Did they charge you for the copy of XP and to install it?
Because vista was crap, I' got it set up, reloaded all my pictures and files, got the printer installed, did a test print, for the 35 thumbnails on one page, bl**dy thing printed them landscape, just trying to reorient the pge, when updates cracked up, and could'nt stop it. When it hd finished my internet connection was gone, had to restore before I could get back the internet connection, then 1/2 hr later updates cracked up again and really screwed it up, all my picture files were mixed up, some had disappeared and the internet had gone again. Had enough, took it back and told them what had happened, to get vista off and put xp on, they had to order the conversion from windoze, some components on the mother board needed special drivers, the vista ones would'nt work under xp.
Checked on the internet, I was suporised at the number of people complaining about the updtes.
Retlaw.

« Emails | Darn PC »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..