Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2003, 21:56   #1
Roy
Administrator

Post Stopping pop ups!

Look - accywebs first banner advert:

Actually I have been using this toolbar for quite a while and it suddenly suggested I make it available to users of my website. It also mentioned if anyone bought anything from amazon after using the toolbar from my site then I would make money! hehe - so support accyweb and download the toolbar then go and buy some fridge freezers or something from Amazon, it also stops popups and is free so it's pretty good as well (and it also has a quick link back to accyweb, supposedly but I haven't found that yet)!!

This is how they said I should market it:
"Through our partnership with Amazon.com, we are offering an exclusive AccringtonWeb version of the award winning Alexa Toolbar. With the toolbar you can search the web, using their amazing search engine, right from your toolbar. Plus, when you download and use the toolbar, you'll help support AccringtonWeb."

http://download.alexa.com/?amzn_id=ukacc-21
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2003, 22:11   #2
Roy
Administrator

Post Re: Stopping pop ups!

I've also just found a really nice feature of this toolbar, purely from looking for my link on it - the button will take you back to an internet archive the website your currently at. So you can go and have a look at what websites looked like in the olden days (>!1996). Just been looking at old accrington stanley websites!!  What an improvement!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 22:22   #3
I am Banned

I use this website

http://www.archive.org/

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 22:40   #4
Roy
Administrator

I'm hooked on looking at old websites now, as if there isn't enough new stuff out there... I'd never even thought someone would be storing it all!
Old 11-11-2003, 09:16   #5
Senior Member+

I dont get pop up's on my computer, my firewall blocks them for me.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:56   #6
Resting in Peace

its still worth a look janet i got it and its great ;D

mine also has a pop up stopper on but this is handy too ;D
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2003, 22:30   #7
g78

Thanks......... I just downloaded it......... pop ups get on my nerves..... im always being asked if I want a loan, or loose weight....... they trying to tell me im overweight and poor?  :P

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..