Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2022, 10:30   #16

Re: The real World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

P.s. My washer has a credit card stuck in the filter, I can't quite get my fingers to it! It has been there since I washed my wallet.
Wash your wallet,I tend to think that some one is having a big "Giraffe", here
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2022, 10:35   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Wash your wallet,I tend to think that some one is having a big "Giraffe", here
Absolutely true, left it in my Jeans, did you know leather shrinks? ruined it, on the plus side that forced me to buy a new one that protects your cards from scammers!
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 10:39   #18

I simply wrap my cards in a piece of kitchen foil every time I put them back in my wallet but then again I am that tight I tend to squeak when I walk.
Old 20-04-2022, 10:46   #19

Quote:
I simply wrap my cards in a piece of kitchen foil every time I put them back in my wallet but then again I am that tight I tend to squeak when I walk.
The foil works exceedingly well on your head as well and boy, is it a fashion statement!
taddy likes this.
Old 20-04-2022, 11:50   #20
Beacon of light

I think you have to use your common sense when judging what is good and perhaps look at the rep and comments from others.
I think it is called ‘you live and learn’.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 11:53   #21
Beacon of light

Less, I am glad that I was not the only one who thought that you were yanking our chains…..I did not want to say that I did not believe you….but obviously Taddy had the same thoughts.
Does the washer still work…? If so…how when a pound coin disabled mine?
Old 20-04-2022, 13:01   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, I am glad that I was not the only one who thought that you were yanking our chains…..I did not want to say that I did not believe you….but obviously Taddy had the same thoughts.
Does the washer still work…? If so…how when a pound coin disabled mine?
The tube leading to the filter is round, the credit card is oblong and flat, fortunately the card is stuck edge on causing no restriction (had it been otherwise I'd have had to disassemble the tube to remove it).
I suppose your pound coin must have come to rest blocking the tube?
Old 20-04-2022, 13:06   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think you have to use your common sense when judging what is good and perhaps look at the rep and comments from others.
I think it is called ‘you live and learn’.
Yes, but if you've followed some wonky instructions and now have your 52" led T.V. in bits over your carpet, when really all it needed was a new 13amp plug, emailing the guy and getting him to say sorry is no real consolation!
Old 20-04-2022, 19:56   #24
Beacon of light

Less…the plug would be the very first thing I would check.
There is no way I would attempt to take a 52inch TV to bits.
I know my limitations.
I would get someone who knew what they were doing rather than flying by the seat of my pants….I am a bit scared of electrical things anyway.
My dad was an electrician and he instilled in me a good level of respect.
Thank you for your explanation of my blockage…yes, it was blocking the tube.
Old 20-04-2022, 20:13   #25
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Ha Ha,I have no doubt that a certain ex squaddie in Germany will have some comment about the something "hard and unyielding",

What you trying to say? Anyway, I've not met much that is hard & unyielding when going up against a lumping great hammer.
taddy likes this.
Old 23-04-2022, 20:34   #26

[QUOTE=taddy;1266119]Well it looks as though I am going to be dragged kicking and screaming into the real world of computer technology,on another post I have said that my son in law, an all singing, all dancing computer Geek, (again sorry Ed) is looking to confine my steam driven machine to the (Crossword Solvers Graveyard), ie, six down and four across. Just whether I will be able to get my seventy five year old brain around this new fangled "Bill Gates infernal machine" will be seen in the near future. Wish me luck.

It seems that the time is here, My daughter called today and informed me that within the next week or two an all singing, All dancing electrically operated "Bill Gate's" infernal Machine will be installed in the Taddy household, as long as it only operates at a snails gallop then I (may), be able to get the old grey matter to understand it but as Margaret, Less and others have commented, (thank you all), if I don't try then I won't learn. Again, thank you all for the advice and encouragement, when the thing arrives and is up and running then I will only have myself to blame if I cannot hack it as the saying goes.
Old 23-04-2022, 20:45   #27

Question Re: The real World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
What you trying to say? Anyway, I've not met much that is hard & unyielding when going up against a lumping great hammer.
When I first met Mrs Taddy, fifty nine years ago, I always had something that was hard and unyielding, it is still unyielding but not quite as hard, this maybe because my G.P. has put me on a course of blood pressure lowering tablets or then again it maybe something to do with me being 75 years of age but if so why did it never bother Charlie Chaplin when he had a young woman on his arm when he was past my age ?
Old 23-04-2022, 20:49   #28

But then again maybe a prescription for the "young Woman", would sort it but don't mention it to Mrs Taddy.
Old 24-04-2022, 08:08   #29
Beacon of light

Taddy, just be patient with yourself and your new bit of tech.
It will only do what you make it do…..and most of the things you do on it can be undone.
To get good at something…you have to be bad at it first.
You only get good by keep on trying to get it right. Have the Will and the skill will follow.

As to the ‘hard and unyielding’….all that thrashing and pashing is over-rated…have a hobgoblin instead
dotti34 and taddy like this.
Old 24-04-2022, 09:11   #30

Taddy, Charlie Chaplin might have had a young thing on his arm but being in the entertainment business maybe he had an understudy ready to take over if ever he was unable to put in a satisfactory performance….

....AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR AGE, there's nothing you can do about it so embrace life and make the most of it.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..