Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 11:14   #1
God Member

USB card reader/writer things

I am the type of person who merchandisers/advertisers/salesmen love. I recently bought one of the aforementioned thingies (aka flash drive?) without the need for one and without even knowing what it does.

So I have figured out that it can plug in through the front of my computer (a major discovery as every other time I have needed to plug something in it has meant rooting about around the back of the computer!) and I have figured out that I can save things onto it. What I haven't figured out is how to save things onto it!

In the interest of examples I have tried to save a folder of pictures on there, I have right clicked on the folder and was given the options (I figured maybe send to) of dvd rw drive (e or removable drive (F. If the card reader/writer is plugged in then the option of F is there, if I remove it then the option disappears. Therefore I conclude that F is the correct option, but when I click on that it tells me to insert a disk.

Please help me, I am getting a headache!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:27   #2
God Member

Re: USB card reader/writer things

copy and paste or just drag and drop are the easiest ways

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:29   #3
God Member

Is it a flash drive or a card reader? you mention both.
A flash drive is what it says, it has its own storage drive/memory, if its a card reader have you put a card in it? thats probably why its telling you to insert a disk

www.ubuntu.com

Old 01-02-2009, 11:30   #4
God Member

drag it to where Ken?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:33   #5
God Member

the "F" icon, or open it by double clicking it and drag to the window that opens, read after that its saying insert disk so I'm thinking it is a card reader and you have just plugged the reader in but no card in it

www.ubuntu.com

Old 01-02-2009, 11:33   #6
God Member

ha, thanks for the clue Ken. It is a card reader/writer and upon inspection (taking off the other end) it needs a memory card bunging in it.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:36   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
ha, thanks for the clue Ken. It is a card reader/writer and upon inspection (taking off the other end) it needs a memory card bunging in it.
LOL, well bung it in the bin and buy a flash drive
Whats the bets that the card your camera takes doesn't fit in the card reader you bought

www.ubuntu.com

Old 01-02-2009, 11:36   #8
God Member

card in and now it opens its own window to show me stuff! easy as that!

please pardon my ignorance of not knowing what a card reader/writer is or does!!!
and thanks for the quick help Ken

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..