Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 20:59   #1
Passed away 25-11-09

Videos on AccyWeb Have Disappeared

I used to be able to see all videos (usually Youtube) posted on these forums but since early February I can't see them at all. I just get a blank box with a little symbol in the top left corner but I can see them everywhere else, just not on here. I haven't altered anything on my PC and I have the latest flash-player installed.

Can you suggest a remedy for the problem, please?
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2009, 21:11   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Videos on AccyWeb Have Disappeared

I - tube have stopped nearly all downloads to the uk . . Its got something to do with money , i think !
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 21:40   #3
God Member

had a look on a nother tech forum and the problem was with java or adobe...here is the info on how to check your players are working (soz..it's a bit longwinded)

You can check if JavaScript is working in your browser by going to this tester page; Java Tester - Home Page and clicking on 'JavaScript' in the list on the left hand side. If JavaScript is working, a box will open confriming it and specifying your browser's name and the version of JavaScript it is using (1.3 in IE, 1.8 in FF 3 and 2.1 in Opera).

If JavaScript is not working you will have to review your browsers settings to ensure that you have it enabled.

You can also doublecheck your version of Adobe flash by using this tester; http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...5507&sliceId=2 (it should be 9,0,124,0). If you uninstalled an earlier version of flash, the uninstall may not have been effective unless you used the special tool from the Adobe site.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:08   #4
Passed away 25-11-09

Everything is up to date and working, Mancie. It is only on Accyweb that I can't see videos, I have no problem with other websites or Youtube itself when I access it directly.
Old 06-04-2009, 20:36   #5
Passed away 25-11-09

While on the Accyweb Videos thread I clicked on "show printable version". When this came up, showing just a link to the videos, I could see them but I still can't in the ordinary format. Something on Accyweb is blocking them but ...... what?
Old 16-05-2009, 21:42   #6
Passed away 25-11-09

Just to update - I've still got the problem after 3 months.
Old 16-05-2009, 23:08   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

wish i knew how to help ya cath, i would be gutted, love me music. as i said before, mine righted itself after a couple of weeks max, no idea how.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..