Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2010, 12:40   #1
I am Banned

Virus

Help wanted please.
Daughters managed to get a virus on her computer.
Its called LSAS Blaster and a scam website pops up offering a repair for this at $29.99.
We have found out that this is part of the virus to obtain your credit card details.

We've printed off a list of instructions to help get rid of this file teling me to rename this and do this that and the other.

trouble is very time you try to do some thing this scam page pops up on screen again
It won't even let me reinstall windows, its disabled the DVD drive.

Retlaw.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2010, 15:35   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Help wanted please.
Daughters managed to get a virus on her computer.
Its called LSAS Blaster and a scam website pops up offering a repair for this at $29.99.
We have found out that this is part of the virus to obtain your credit card details.

We've printed off a list of instructions to help get rid of this file teling me to rename this and do this that and the other.

trouble is very time you try to do some thing this scam page pops up on screen again
It won't even let me reinstall windows, its disabled the DVD drive.

Retlaw.

Another Accy Webber was have some trouble like that last night, I'm seeing him later I'll ask him to take a look at this thread Retlaw
Old 20-02-2010, 15:55   #3
God Member

start up in safe mode pressing f8 while it boots

then run your antivirus

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 16:17   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

you could try a system restore to a date before it happened. Then run your antivirus.

Had a similar problem with a lad at works laptop. I was convinced that the message popping up was saying it was the wrong virus so you would do the wrong thing to remove it.

Only believe your own virus checker if it says the virus name otherwise its the virus tricking you.

I used this bootable antivirus cd to remove it from his Avira AntiVir Rescue System
Old 20-02-2010, 16:30   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
you could try a system restore to a date before it happened. Then run your antivirus.

Had a similar problem with a lad at works laptop. I was convinced that the message popping up was saying it was the wrong virus so you would do the wrong thing to remove it.

Only believe your own virus checker if it says the virus name otherwise its the virus tricking you.

I used this bootable antivirus cd to remove it from his Avira AntiVir Rescue System
Thanks Niel
but system restore wouldnt work, nothing would, but its sorted now with a bit of jiggery pokery managed to get Norton installed and its now cleaned up.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 18:51   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I don't like Norton as an AV. I find it hogs the machine and is a pig to get rid off. I just stick with the free ones like avast or avg
Old 20-02-2010, 20:29   #7

had to remove a nasty one last week from my brothers pc...goin off memory i think it was called "xp security.....something or other, and it disabled everything...coudnt download anything or access anything because it kept throwing up a very convincing window which was an exact copy of xp security centre...it scans immideatly and finds hundreds of fake worms,loggers, trojans ...etc..then asks for money to register to remove them....managed to install malwarebytes but it deactivated that!!! ..... after approx 2 hours of scrattin' my head finally tracked the culprit down....offending file was "AV.EXE" and it was located C /docs settings/"user name"/appdata/local/av.exe ....... where user name is yours..... other bits and bobs need removing manually also, but i have since found out that the best automated software removal tool is Spyware Doctor from PC TOOLS....but it isn't free...malwarebytes is free and will do the job also if you can get it to run......oh and the trojan changes itself depending on your operating system....my bro's was XP......hope this is of some help
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 17:59   #8
Junior Member+

There is another one called Security Tool.If it comes up do not run it. It's a pig to get shut of.
gbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 02:29   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbell View Post
There is another one called Security Tool.If it comes up do not run it. It's a pig to get shut of.
thanx gbell....keep my eyes open for that one
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 20:46   #10

Quote:
we have this security tool virus on a desktop at the moment, not had chance to look at it yet, any advice on how to get rid?
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 21:17   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Try this bootable anti virus CD Avira AntiVir Rescue System
Old 25-02-2010, 17:39   #12
Junior Member+

I had Security tool on my PC.I started Windows Vista in safety mode.An icon for Security came up,I then deleted it and all its relevant files.
Hope this helps.
gbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 16:58   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I had Security tool on my PC.I started Windows Vista in safety mode.An icon for Security came up,I then deleted it and all its relevant files.
Hope this helps.
That's the way I got shut but because it was not my laptop I was not sure if it was a legitimate program.

After several hours of head scratching I took the risk and deleted it as you mentioned and all was well.

What a pig though.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..