Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2008, 19:26   #1

Where?

Just a quick question really. get payed tomorrow and planning on buying a pc. just wondering where is the best place in Accrington to buy one from. budget is limited to around £200 possibly a little bit more. i only actually need the tower as i have all the other bits and pieces already lying around. the only requirements are the pc must be able to run wireless internet and preferably be reasonably quick. any suggestions? cheers people.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2008, 19:28   #2

Dunno why this has posted in this section was supposed to be in the computery bit.
Old 30-10-2008, 22:23   #3
God Member

Re: Where?

There is a place in Darwen that gets a decent review from people on here.

No where in accy I'm afraid springs to mind.

Your budget is in teh second hand market for best bang/buck and TBH for best value you need to set yourself a longer time frame to get the best deal. i.e. spend at once regret at leisure.........

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 22:34   #4
God Member

Presumably the only place in Accy that sells them is the shop on Blackburn Rd ?

If you want to go further afield then I can recommend 3B systems in Nelson. They sell DIY base units, and you can knock off the various bits you don't need to get the price down.

The Technology Centre

or you can get the built base unit

The Technology Centre
Old 30-10-2008, 22:57   #5
Senior Member+

3B is pretty good.... bit of a faff to get to if you dont know where you going tho..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 07:53   #6
Resting in Peace

Try Blackburn Market there are two areas on there that do pc systems one i do know do a reasonable system for £230 including lcd monitor its not komputech thats one of them its the other but cant remember its name sorry.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 09:28   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
3B is pretty good.... bit of a faff to get to if you dont know where you going tho..
Is it still near the Library? I have not been that way for years.
Old 31-10-2008, 09:52   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is it still near the Library? I have not been that way for years.

Depends which one they had when you last went. The old shop was nearer the library than the one they are in now. They have the old church now, still close to the library though.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:52   #9

Cheers for the help and advice people. picked one up yesterday for bang on 200quid very pleased with the spec and even got a few freebies chucked in (which is always nice). got an extra gb of RAM and a wireless card free and a keyboard and mouse too. just had to take it back in today to have a few little niggles fixed but overall very impressed with the service. got it from samspace on whalley road, which to be honest i had never heard of, but would definately recommend them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..