Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2010, 23:31   #1
God Member

xbox 360 red ring of death

yep, got it again.

~Twas alright last time as Microsoft repaired it under warranty - but not this time. I've had a look at the guides on You Tube and it looks to be more messy than I'd be able to do. So does anyone know of a fixer dude around town? big old emphasis on cheap though! Got the news last week that I was made redundant and my first thought was "yay, can get some hours in on F10" well that went out the window the first time I fired it up!!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:21   #2
TJH

Re: xbox 360 red ring of death

How long ago did Microsoft carry out the warranty work? they obiliged to over a warranty on the parts and workmanship carried out in relation to any warranty approved repair. This has the affect of giving you an extended warranty in some cases.

Well worth calling them if it was within the last 12months.
TJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 14:13   #3
God Member

nah it was a good while ago that they fixed it. Serves me right really as I only play about an hour a week, if I played more regularly it would have failed within that period!
Old 06-11-2010, 15:03   #4
Senior Member+

Macca they will repair any broken 360 with red ring of death if I recall correctly.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 15:41   #5
God Member

Just shows how wrong you can be. I always thought the red ring of death was something to do with eating dodgy curries.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:43   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJH View Post
How long ago did Microsoft carry out the warranty work? they obiliged to over a warranty on the parts and workmanship carried out in relation to any warranty approved repair. This has the affect of giving you an extended warranty in some cases.
That's not strictly true. Repairs under warranty do not usually "reset the clock" so you do not get the effect of an extended warranty through repair work. A warranty is in addition to your statutory rights, so if it says that's what happens, it does; but I've never known it to be the case.

However, the "ring of death" is a known fault, and under the Sale Of Goods Act, you have up to six years to claim repair, replacement or refund (proportional) for faults which can be proven to be inherent during manufacture. Within the first six months of sale, it's down to the retailer (not the manufacturer) to prove that the problem was the result of misuse, neglect or general wear and tear. After that, you (the consumer) must be able to prove it is a manufacturing problem. Easily done, in the case of something like this which is documented extensively on the net. I've never owned an Xbox - yet I've heard of the problem!

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 17:52   #7
God Member

ring microsofts repair line and scream at them saying they assured you the problem was fixed

may get some luck its hit and miss with microsoft but some people have got new units after a repair failed but others havnt

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..