Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/)
-   -   How to contact Yahoo? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/how-to-contact-yahoo-65860.html)

Bob Dobson 10-03-2014 20:07

How to contact Yahoo?

I cannot delete or edit addresses in my contacts list. A popup tells me to contact my server. There is no clear-cut advice via Google. There is a very expensive non-=Yahoo helpline. Anyone got a useful number or other advice?

maxthecollie 10-03-2014 20:12

Re: How to contact Yahoo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 1097375)
I cannot delete or edit addresses in my contacts list. A popup tells me to contact my server. There is no clear-cut advice via Google. There is a very expensive non-=Yahoo helpline. Anyone got a useful number or other advice?

Can you not try B.T., Bob as my email is B.T. Yahoo

Gordon Booth 10-03-2014 20:33

Bob, google something like ' delete edit addresses contact list'.
I tried it, lots of info on how to do it.

Margaret Pilkington 13-03-2014 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1097378)
Can you not try B.T., Bob as my email is B.T. Yahoo

BT and Yahoo have had a parting of the ways.
So soon if you are a BT/Yahoo customer you will be notified that you can either stay with BT or go with Yahoo......there is infoprmation on the BT site as to this change and what to do about it.
I have to have both a BT and a Yahoo account as I would not be able to access my Flickr account...and with Yahoo I would have to change my e-mail address. So my e-mail I am keeping with BT and I have a yahoo account because I have to..
All change Ding-ding!

Margaret Pilkington 13-03-2014 10:18

Don't know if you are sorted Bob, but this might help.(there are tutorials).

Can't Edit Contacts Lists in new Yahoo Mail as there are no boxes. How do you do this? - Yahoo UK & Ireland Answers

Bob Dobson 13-03-2014 11:45

Thanks Margaret I will have a looksee. No time to devote to it just yet.

Margaret Pilkington 13-03-2014 11:53

I have just had a look at my Yahoo e-mail account and I can edit my contacts(I've only got three).
I go into the account I want to edit and there is an option to edit the details.
If you go into the contact the name comes up and there is a tool bar along the top with these options:- Edit, Assign to Lists, Delete.....or that is how it is on my page.

I find I have problems with my Yahoo bookmarks...frequently they disappear, or I cannot edit them....a total shambles.

Margaret Pilkington 13-03-2014 12:13

And no sooner had I said it than my bookmarks disappeared!
They might be back sometime next week - Grrr!

Bob Dobson 13-03-2014 16:59

I know how to delete and edit addresses - but it's not allowing me to send the correction/deletion.

Restless 17-03-2014 16:28

Yahoo went downhill. Then when you thought they couldn't get any lower(removing their geocities service) they hit the bottom of the poo pile. Recommendation is to get a different email provider... Gmail is my fave.

Barrie Yates 17-03-2014 23:40

Just tried it Bob - call up your contacts list, tick the box on the name you want to delete and a delete symbol appears on the top line. Click on that and the contact disappears

Neil 17-03-2014 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1098227)
Yahoo went downhill. Then when you thought they couldn't get any lower(removing their geocities service) they hit the bottom of the poo pile. Recommendation is to get a different email provider... Gmail is my fave.

I use both gmail and hotmail/live/outlook/whatever they call it. I like them both and both does some things better than the other. We use gmail at work using a managed account, I sign into gmail with my company email address from anywhere. Both can use 2-step verification as well - for those who don't know what that is you have to use another method as well as password when you sign in from another PC. I use an app on my phone but they will text you a code. This is good because a hacker needs your password and your mobile if they try to log into your email account.

Bob Dobson 18-03-2014 06:27

Thanks for your advice, folks. The problem has got worse, but I have no time to attack it - I now have no 'Contacts' word to click onto. I am gonna have to phone India