Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2010, 14:20   #1
God Member

Question Bt contract

Considering changing my phone provider as sick of ringing India when trying to sort a problem out or about my bill, plus cant communicate english well.

Started my phone contract in '06 not changed my tarrif, tho every year i get the hard sales stuff, last year i got a phone call aking if i wanted to continue my contract, as wasnt considering other options agreed to saty with them.

Now another option is available i want to persue but as i have nowt in letter agreement since 2006 i would consider myself 'out of contract' and free to take my money elsewhere. Had the hard stuff sale platter to get me to add vision to my package which i declined.

Dont want to ring india again till i ask for my mac code.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2010, 11:51   #2
God Member

Re: Bt contract

well i wouldnt touch talktalk with a bargepole they have featured constantly on watchdog , can have you on hold for hours and it can be days before you get through.A friend of mine was left without a phone line after a fault devoloped for over a month and if he hadnt have got sick of teh excuses and switched to BT it probably would have never got fixed.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 11:52   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
well i wouldnt touch talktalk with a bargepole they have featured constantly on watchdog , can have you on hold for hours and it can be days before you get through.A friend of mine was left without a phone line after a fault devoloped for over a month and if he hadnt have got sick of teh excuses and switched to BT it probably would have never got fixed.
Nope not with talk talk wouldnt even consider them heard many bad reviews about em

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 22-07-2010, 21:02   #4
God Member

I got conned into taking Talk Talk,
They took over Pipex, rang to say they needed to update my details. I then got a letter a week or so later, congratulating me on my new 24 month contract.

I couldn't get through to them to cancel so sent an email, I got a reply a couple of weeks later saying it's too late to cancel but they were sure I would enjoy the service.

Shortly after Christmas I couldn't make any calls, there was a restriction on the line, even though the bill was paid. Ringing Talk Talk, they promised me to have the restriction lifted within the next 48 hours, this went on for 3 months. I got sick of it so moved to BT.

Talk Talk now want me to pay them a £70 cancellation fee for terminating my contract before time. They have sent letters from debt collectors and "solicitors" all have been informed with the phrase "see you in court".

The moral of this story is Talk Talk are lying, thieving, incompetent scum, who will shaft you. So keep away.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 21:11   #5
Beacon of light

I have my calls with Onetel...which was bought by Talk Talk.......they keep ringing me to get me to take broadband etc.....each time I get irate and ask them if they have permission to ring me...they then tell me that i am a Talk Talk customer......No, I'm not I tell them I am a Onetel customer...they then tell me that it is all the same company....so I contacted Onetel and was told that the two businesses are run separately, and that Onetel do not do 'Selling calls'.......I have threatened to contact the Information Commisioners Office about them......yesterday I had another one of their calls so I told them that if I get one more call I will take my calls back to BT too.

I have never had a problem with BT.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 21:19   #6
Senior Member+

BT are prob the best at the moment even tho sometimes they end up being a bit dearer
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 21:39   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Considering changing my phone provider as sick of ringing India when trying to sort a problem out or about my bill, plus cant communicate english well.

Started my phone contract in '06 not changed my tarrif, tho every year i get the hard sales stuff, last year i got a phone call aking if i wanted to continue my contract, as wasnt considering other options agreed to saty with them.

Now another option is available i want to persue but as i have nowt in letter agreement since 2006 i would consider myself 'out of contract' and free to take my money elsewhere. Had the hard stuff sale platter to get me to add vision to my package which i declined.

Dont want to ring india again till i ask for my mac code.
Have you considered using Postoffice, the call center is in Ireland.
Been with them over 2 years, evenings and weekends free, & also free to other users of the Postoffice anytime.
Call charges are a bit dear 9p connection charge during the day time, its cheaper on my mobile.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 23:10   #8
Senior Member+

O2 are doing landlines now.... And they will also be doing new connections(installations) around mid august onwards.... im stuck in my BT contract for a while but as soon as im out, im gone from BT for sure

http://www.o2.co.uk/broadband/homephone/

9.50 per month for landline / Free eve/weekend calls

If you are a PAYG Mobile user, you can get 8MB internet for £7.50 as long as you put £10 on your phone every 3 months..... Im on contract with O2 so i get
my internet for £7.50

£17 for landline, calls and internet.... Sounds like a good deal to me, and i have never had problems with O2 in any way

Last edited by Restless; 22-07-2010 at 23:14.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 09:44   #9
Beacon of light

Isn't O2 the mobile arm of BT......by that I mean, they set up to take some of the mobile phone market
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 09:56   #10
Resting in Peace

Debt contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have my calls with Onetel...which was bought by Talk Talk.......they keep ringing me to get me to take broadband etc.....each time I get irate and ask them if they have permission to ring me...they then tell me that i am a Talk Talk customer......No, I'm not I tell them I am a Onetel customer...they then tell me that it is all the same company....so I contacted Onetel and was told that the two businesses are run separately, and that Onetel do not do 'Selling calls'.......I have threatened to contact the Information Commisioners Office about them......yesterday I had another one of their calls so I told them that if I get one more call I will take my calls back to BT too.

I have never had a problem with BT.
I've never had a problem with BT either Margaret, Broadband that is, I don't use a mobile much as I'm not that mobile I have PAYG with Orange
Old 23-07-2010, 10:20   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Isn't O2 the mobile arm of BT
It used to be, BT sold it nearly 10 years ago. I think the mobile you get from BT these days is on the vodafone network.

From wikipedia:

In October 2001, at a general meeting held in Birmingham, 4.297 billion British Telecommunications shares voted in favour of the demerger, and 0.67 million voted against.[8] In 2001 (2001), BT Cellnet demerged from BT and was relaunched on 1 May 2002 (2002-05-01) as O2.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 10:56   #12
God Member

Ahhh well better the devil with BT then ...... gonna leave it for now until bt do pee me off a lot ...might ring to cancel to see what freebies they will give me

I was considering virgin [have a brill service with virgin mobiles & customer service is excellent 7-8 yrs so far] tho not cabled can take over the bt line but only was thinking about it as my bt router is now wearing out & needs replacing soon & dont wanna fork out.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 25-07-2010, 00:41   #13
Senior Member+

o2 is owned by telefonica, a spanish company. They bought out BE. O2 have the best (none cable) internet in this country for price..... Screw BT
Old 25-07-2010, 07:35   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Isn't O2 the mobile arm of BT......by that I mean, they set up to take some of the mobile phone market
no bt cellnet were the mobile arm of BT and they sold it off or rebranded

i read that O2 is owned by Telefónica, a Spanish telecommunications provider which is interesting because the entire police force of teh united kingdom is run through o2 , their mobiles and comunications etc and apparently at some great expense accordingto my pal who is a police cominications officer

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 25-07-2010, 07:38   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
o2 is owned by telefonica, a spanish company. They bought out BE. O2 have the best (none cable) internet in this country for price..... Screw BT
yup im with BE internet and get genuine unlimited internet for £6 a month after doing a deal to secure a 12 month contract instead of me been a month to month contract.Beacuse i am at the arse end of teh exchange i can only get 8mb speed but hell 800kbs gets me my stuff fast enough but in 2012 teh exchanges are getting upgraded so silly speeds will be available no matter where you are

thats teh good thing with BE internet you can start off on a month to month contract so if your not happy with their service you can cacell vwery easily.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..