Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 13:19   #1

can anyone recommend a very good digital camera???

Hi there im looking to buy a high end digital camera. not a professional one. needs to have at least 10x zoom and atleast 12mp. can anyone recommend a decent one????
ossygaz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2010, 17:52   #2

Re: can anyone recommend a very good digital camera???

Panasonic GH1, also does HD movies,or the latest version of the same.Check it out at the Clitheroe shop------
Panasonic Lumix Digital Cameras, DMC-G2, TZ10, TZ8, ZX3, FS10, FS11, FS30, FS33, FZ38 Lumix FT2, FZ38, G1, GH1, GF1
TubbyLes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 19:16   #3
Beacon of light

I would also recommend the Panasonic Lumix brand......I have the Panasonic DMC FZ18........18 times optical zoom.....Only 8 megapixels though. I also have the Panasonic G1......this is not a compact camera......it is a 'bridge camera', something between a compact and a Digital SLR.......it has interchangeable lenses which use the micro four thirds system...but the good thing about both camera's is that they have Intelligent Auto......meaning that the camera chooses the best setting for the shots. Good while you are getting to grips with them.

Hope this helps.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 19:16   #4

I have a Lumix DMC-TZ4. It is brilliant, so easy to use, brilliant pictures. I cannot recommend it high enough. Not a big clumsy thing, nice and compact
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 23:00   #5

Smile Re: can anyone recommend a very good digital camera???

Thanks. i'll check them out..
ossygaz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 07:33   #6
Junior Member+

I have a nikon coolpix p100 it's awesome does hd video too 12 mp did Florida with it this year
pinkpanther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 14:47   #7
Senior Member+

Wanting a new toy for Christmas I read lots of reviews on Google. For the price the Panasonic FS 30 got the best write up-14 megapics, 8 zoom(+ 5, not sure how that works) and Optical steadyshot( better than digital?). Got one and it's excellent.
Trouble is you have to buy a big capacity HDSC card if yo want to use the video function- but that's very good too, why buy a camcorder?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2010, 00:32   #8
Senior Member+

I use a fuji finepix s8100fd 10mp 18 x optical zoom cost me £80 on ebay and I cant fault it although when I have the pennies i will be going in for a dslr but will still keep this as a back up.
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..