Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2010, 11:26   #1
Senior Member+

Contract Cancellation

hi

I need to cancel my phone contract as I can't afford it any more. I've had it for 5 months now! its a two year contact . I'm with virgin and I've still got the boxes left etc!! I can't afford to pay the remainder to cancel. can anyone help me?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2010, 19:06   #2
God Member

Re: Contract Cancellation

the only way you will get out is if they change a condition/term of the contract such as capping Internet use ( which most of them have announced recently!) and then you have teh right to cancel at no cost.

Otherwise you can try calling them and seeing what you can negotiate after explaining your situation and why your circumstances have chnaged but I wouldnt hold your breath.

If it simply that you thought you could afford it but now realise you cant then they have you overa barrel, if you have lost your job or something that clearly affects your ability to pay then you may have a chance.you could try and get it dropped to the cheapest tarriff going

From their perspective they gave you a phone worth probably a couple of hundred quid( or even more depending on model, my n900 are ~ 500 quid sim free!) which s/h is now worth a fraction of that. they do this because they have you nailed for the next 24 months as regular income and calls/texts on top

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 15:37   #3

im in the same boat i want to cancel my 2 year contract but they want 180 quid of me ..before they will close it
02hudsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 15:55   #4

you could try asking them to suspend your contract until such time as you are able to afford to continue, I think you will have to offer to return phone though. It is always best to speak to them and explain your situation.
kikine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 16:09   #5

i only have broadband and house phone and my bill is silly 35 quid a monthen then high call charges for local calls
02hudsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 17:02   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02hudsond View Post
i only have broadband and house phone and my bill is silly 35 quid a monthen then high call charges for local calls
That seems expensive.....................there are many cheaper deals around....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 20:44   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02hudsond View Post
That is expensive mine is 16 pounds for broad band and free calls in the evening and weekend-20pound if you want calls anytime,you can chat for one hour without costing anymore.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 20:47   #8

My mobile is 25pounds can chat unlimted time anywhere in the uk any net work,often chat for hours on this phone.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..