Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2013, 21:44   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Data recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You haven't found the thread? Then start it, anyone can start a thread, but not much point joining a site just in case a thread is started.
Don`t want it talked about.
It`s about my daughters ex-boyfriend being a piece of ****.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2013, 21:50   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Hello, who are you? You have been flamed? let me know by whom! I will deal with them, just for you.

So far you have only been treated the way you deserve, like someone that knows nothing but wants to spread the same level of knowledge to the gullible.
Do you treat all members like this or is it just new ones, you sure know how to make someone feel welcome don`t you. Is there anyone on this forum who wasn`t a new member at some point.
GPick.
Old 18-03-2013, 23:29   #33
God Member

sort of getting back to teh data recovery thing i do know people who have tried the freezer trick with hard drives and had mixed results from been able to grab a few mb to a few gb of data beofre teh drive failed.Please kids dont go throwing a hard drive into teh freezer theres a little more to it than that lol

seen as were talking whacky methods heres mine ( meant as joke dont do it)

take hard drive to police station and tell them gary glitter sent it to you

the police will send it to forensics who will use propper methods to examine teh hard drive

offer £20 to the police fund for a copy of whatever they retrieve (once it is confirmed theres no nasty stuff on it )

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 18-03-2013 at 23:31.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 09:43   #34
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Some reading suggest the clicking can be due to the heads dropping off the platters and that it is sometimes possible to get them back where they should be. Anything that involves opening a hard disk is not a good idea.
Old 19-03-2013, 10:03   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Some reading suggest the clicking can be due to the heads dropping off the platters and that it is sometimes possible to get them back where they should be. Anything that involves opening a hard disk is not a good idea.
Once opened one up and managed to get it spinning by kick starting it with a quick flick of the finger, worked enough ti get data off, but once its opened its do or die lol

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 11:23   #36
God Member

if only jim'l fix it was still here ...............

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 11:54   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if only jim'l fix it was still here ...............
Please keep those thoughts to yourself
Old 19-03-2013, 12:20   #38
Senior Member+

Well If all fails you could use the HDD as a speaker.
Old 19-03-2013, 14:16   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Well If all fails you could use the HDD as a speaker.
Then put it in freezer and you can have some chillin`music.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..