Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 20:14   #1
God Member

de-coding , area restricted DVDs

Just recieved an Area 4 (Australia) DVD , I live in Area 1 (USA). wont play on my DVD/TV set up or my PC . anyone know a down-loadable program which will allow me to watch it without screwing my PC .
Also seem to remember reading somewhere a while ago that it was also possible to open up a DVD player and disable the 'restriction' chip to allow the playing of any area restriced DVD , anyone know how to do it ?
thanks
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2008, 20:29   #2
God Member

Re: de-coding , area restricted DVDs

Try www.dvdhacks.co.uk for your home player, software available for PC but I haven't got the links with me
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by K.S.H; 09-08-2008 at 20:32.
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 23:39   #3

As KSH says, you can get rid of region restrictions on your DVD player easily enough by just entering an easily-located code on the DVD remote.

However.

NTSC TVs and DVD players are notorious for being unable to handle PAL signals. You'll probably have to reauthor the DVD at NTSC resolution and framerate to get it to work on a bog-standard US setup.

Note - the reverse is not true. If you send NTSC DVD to your Australian PAL, then as long as he can playback region 1 he'll likely have no problems with the NTSC standard.

Contact me by PM if you want help getting the disc converted... Note - considering my business, I have to make some effort to preserving the copyright owner's rights- if you want me to convert the file, you need to convince me you have a justifiable reason for doing so...
Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:28   #4
God Member

you can also look here under dvd hacks to get codes for your dvd p;layer to make it play any region and its not illigal

VideoHelp.com - Forum, Guides, Tools and hardware lists

the same site will also show you how to rip the dvd to your computer and copy it to a blank dvdr with the region removed or region free as the correct term is which is perfectly legal for you to do as you own the origional and is absolutely fine for you to have a backup of your property

try a program called dvd shrink as when you back up your dvd it gives you an option to remove the region code and it should then play on your dvd player,there are many other programs and te site i posted will show you a few ways to backup yuor origional dvd with step by step guides with pictures and links to teh software you need

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:07   #5
God Member

hey guys, thanks for the help , links and advice
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..