Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2008, 18:56   #1
Senior Member+

Email with Sky Broadband

Is anyone else with Sky Broadband and use their email?

I swopped to Sky last week and everything has been fine so far. I have an email address with them, but no password. How did you go about getting an email password from Sky?
Old 31-07-2008, 19:41   #2
God Member

Re: Email with Sky Broadband

I'm with SKY but I use my own domain for email, that way I don't have to keep switching address every time I move ISP. plus its more personal and I can control it

I do seem to recall teh password is teh same as teh ISP logon password that I set up when I called them.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 20:54   #3
Senior Member+

Yeah, I have my own domain and use it for receiving email, but I wanted to use Sky's SMTP. It's not a massive issue, but it would be nice to have the Sky email working. Thanks anyway
Old 31-07-2008, 21:11   #4
God Member

I'm with Sky but never used the e-mail
Old 01-08-2008, 05:52   #5

I'm also with sky but dont use their email. Because of the same problem you are having. I thought it would be nice just to have it, but still keep using my normal email, but couldnt set it up because of the possword issue. So I didnt bother and its been over a year now and it hasnt been a problem.
Bonny x
bonny_tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:16   #6
Senior Member+

I might try emailing them and seeing what the issue is. Searching on the web shows that some people received their passwords through the post, but most of those were 2 years ago and there's nothing More recent.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:17   #7
God Member

Posted via Mobile Devicesmtp doesn't need a password if you are connected via their service, they authenticate based on the connection. Try unticking the "my server needs authentication". I'm pretty sure it should work.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:15   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Posted via Mobile Devicesmtp doesn't need a password if you are connected via their service, they authenticate based on the connection. Try unticking the "my server needs authentication". I'm pretty sure it should work.
Thanks Ian. I'll give it a go. I think I've worked out the password issue too. I'll let you know how I go on.
Old 01-08-2008, 19:19   #9
Senior Member+

All sorted out now. Being Sky, things are little more complicated than perhaps they needed to be, but I got there in the end.
Old 01-08-2008, 19:22   #10

Glad your sorted. I hate ringing sky because it feels like they purposely keep you on hold or waiting or ask for details over and over again so that they can charge you the earth for the call. I am pleased with the service I get though.
Bonny x
bonny_tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 19:57   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonny_tuesday View Post
Glad your sorted. I hate ringing sky because it feels like they purposely keep you on hold or waiting or ask for details over and over again so that they can charge you the earth for the call. I am pleased with the service I get though.
Bonny x
Thanks Bonny. I didn't ring Sky, but I did spend a lot of time on their website, trawling through the information, trying to find the hidden gems
Old 04-08-2008, 08:10   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Even if you do use your own domain email address you should always still check your ISP's mail as well. I had an issue a few years ago where I was not checking my ISP email address and they tried to contact me via their email address.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..