Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2010, 10:15   #1
God Member

facemoods naffin up my laptop

i don't know where it's come from but everytime i try to look at a website, no matter which one it is it keeps flicking onto something called facemoods, it looks like some sort of search engine, its bloody annoying when you're trying to look at something, i asked Reece if he'd downloaded it and he said he hadn't, i've uninstalled it from 'programs' (so someone has installed it) but it's still coming up, i don't know wtf it's all about but its really peeing me off, anyone know anything about it?

i'm running Firefox atm, has that anything to do with it?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:25   #2
God Member

Re: facemoods naffin up my laptop

Try running lavasoft malware and spyware remover which will check your system and remove any ware off your pc, should remove the offender.

Ad-Aware by Lavasoft - Antivirus software, free spyware removal, firewall

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:34   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i don't know where it's come from but everytime i try to look at a website, no matter which one it is it keeps flicking onto something called facemoods, it looks like some sort of search engine, its bloody annoying when you're trying to look at something, i asked Reece if he'd downloaded it and he said he hadn't, i've uninstalled it from 'programs' (so someone has installed it) but it's still coming up, i don't know wtf it's all about but its really peeing me off, anyone know anything about it?

i'm running Firefox atm, has that anything to do with it?
I got something like that last week Shaz when my computer went Kaput, it was working okay, but when I logged onto Accy Web, it kept jumping to a Dell information page, like you I was tearing my hair out. When I booted up next morning an information screen said a start up problem had been detected, due to new hardware, and then went into repair mode, it been fine ever since, hope you get it sorted soon, its flaming annoying
Old 06-09-2010, 11:20   #4
God Member

Mel, i've run both my anti-virus's several times and nothing comes up, i've got microsoft security essentials and avast on, its doing my head in
Old 06-09-2010, 15:49   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Mel, i've run both my anti-virus's several times and nothing comes up, i've got microsoft security essentials and avast on, its doing my head in
I have found that each AV - whatever name/type, always seem to pick up a few different ones. I use AVG, Advanced Systems, AdAware and Spybot. Run AVG every day and the others once or twice a week, depending how the m/c is running. Never had serious problems at all for the last 18 months (new LT then).
Good luck, hope you get it sorted soon.
Old 07-09-2010, 00:04   #6

You still having problems Flashy?
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:57   #7
Resting in Peace

Sounds like you have picked something up from that loverly site Facebook there have been lots of this going on.
have you updated anything on your facebook ?
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 17:17   #8
God Member

i think its an app that Reece downloaded for facebook, i can't get rid of the damn thing, got a mate ringing me later to tell me how to get it off, thanx you lot x
Old 08-09-2010, 03:47   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

WikiAnswers - How uninstall face moods

Seems such a simple answer, I wonder, are you going to prove them wrong?

Good luck with it, it is irritating when these companies make the software easy to install but impossible to get rid of.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..