Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2007, 13:48   #1
God Member

Faulty pc

mi pc's knackered, i aint got a clue whats wrong with it, it keeps starting and stopping on its own, i'll switch it on then it'll let me on for a few minutes then turn itself off its not a virus my mate ruled that out last night....what could it be???

suggestions gratefully recieved

(thats if i can get back on to read them )
Old 26-01-2007, 13:50   #2
God Member

Re: buggered pc

it might be worth someone checking out the power pack isn't faulty if it keeps shutting off!

Hope you get it sorted soon and cheaply too

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 13:53   #3
God Member

cheers hr....someone said that to me yesterday, i havent got a clue though lol at this rate its gonna end up out the naffin window
Old 26-01-2007, 13:58   #4
God Member

A bit more info would help. Does Windows load? how far does it get before it shuts down? how are you SURE there isn't a virus at work?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 13:58   #5
God Member

actually come to think of it, had similar problem with mine and it ended up something to do with the motherboard being faulty, luckily it was under warranty so they came and fixed it.

Get chav to look at it, he's pretty good at taking comps apart but he might take a while to put it back together again

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 14:04   #6
Resident Waffler

Have you checked for something really basic and simple like is your plug in the socket firmly? Is the plug firmly wired? If a wire works loose that could simply be cutting off the electrical supply.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 14:13   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
buggered pc )

theres your problem right there , why the hell did your fella do that in the first place

Last edited by chav1; 26-01-2007 at 14:22.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 14:51   #8

Question Re: buggered pc

hi, i had that problem and it was my prossor put a new one in and its ok now im not saying its your problem mal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
theres your problem right there , why the hell did your fella do that in the first place
madmal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 14:52   #9
God Member

Heatsink could be blocked with dust and making processor overheat, always look at the easy options 1st

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 14:53   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
A bit more info would help. Does Windows load? how far does it get before it shuts down? how are you SURE there isn't a virus at work?

sometimes windows loads and sometimes it goes off before its got to that stage, it can go off within seconds of me turning it on, then sometimes it can stay on for half an hour
Old 26-01-2007, 14:55   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Heatsink could be blocked with dust and making processor overheat, always look at the easy options 1st
i took the case off it the other day and hoovered it out, the fans are fine
Old 26-01-2007, 14:56   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Have you checked for something really basic and simple like is your plug in the socket firmly? Is the plug firmly wired? If a wire works loose that could simply be cutting off the electrical supply.

ive done the plug thing too willow,its still the same
Old 26-01-2007, 14:56   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post

chav behave i havent got a FELLA
Old 26-01-2007, 15:44   #14
I am Banned

Re: Faulty pc

my money is on the power pack

after it shuts its self down have a sniff at the vent and see if u can smell any burnung or feel a lot of heat

edit:

TRY NOT TO BURN YOUR NOSE
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 15:47   #15
God Member

Re: Faulty pc

i see the name of this thread has been changed lol

chav ive tried everything

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..