Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 17:24   #1
God Member

Giffgaff

Just changed my phone network over from o2 to Giffgaff and i think it's wonderful.

When i was on o2 Pay as you go, for £15 a month i was getting 100 minutes, unlimited texts (which turned out not to be unlimited) and 500 meg of internet

on Giffgaff pay as you go it's costing me £10 for 250 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet, free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts.

Another good thing about gg is that they run on the o2 network (as does tesco mobile) so there's no need to get your phone unlocked if you're changing from o2.

It's saving Me and Reece a fortune

anyone else on it?
Old 04-07-2012, 17:51   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Giffgaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Just changed my phone network over from o2 to Giffgaff and i think it's wonderful.

When i was on o2 Pay as you go, for £15 a month i was getting 100 minutes, unlimited texts (which turned out not to be unlimited) and 500 meg of internet

on Giffgaff pay as you go it's costing me £10 for 250 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet, free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts.

Another good thing about gg is that they run on the o2 network (as does tesco mobile) so there's no need to get your phone unlocked if you're changing from o2.

It's saving Me and Reece a fortune

anyone else on it?
Looks a lot better deal Shaz
Old 04-07-2012, 17:59   #3

My youngest son uses Giff. Gaff. I'm thinking of changing to it myself. He thinks it's brilliant
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 18:03   #4
God Member

It is John/Claytoner, even if Me and Reece don't top up for 3 months we still get free calls to each other, you can also use an o2 top up from the shop to top them up, i kept my old o2 number and when i was speaking to an advisor from o2 she was more than happy to tell me about giffgaff
Old 04-07-2012, 18:12   #5

I've been on Giffgaff almost since day 1. Every 6 months they have payback where you can get paid for recruiting new members and contributing on the forums.

You get unlimited Internet and as long as you don't tether ( connecting a laptop via your phone) you should have more Internet than you can shake a stick at.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by phil8715; 04-07-2012 at 18:15.
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 18:17   #6
God Member

Yeah Phil, the payback is June and December
Old 05-07-2012, 06:28   #7
Senior Member+

At a glance O2 don't seem to be doing themselves any favors. At a glance O2 used to be one of the best networks for "deals". Being on contract with O2 I am becoming increasingly annoyed at being stuck on this tarrif whilst they give all their best deals to their PAYG customers, though even their best deals on PAYG are being outdone by GiffGaff. AH BUT! here is the kicker. GiffGaff IS O2

Perhaps this is the last time I do a mobile contract!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:51   #8
God Member

Giffgaff is not o2 restless, i asked the o2 advisor that when i rang them for my PAC code, she said the only link they have is that they run on the same network, as does tesco mobile, all this means is if o2 network goes down so do giffgaff and tesco mobile
Old 05-07-2012, 07:58   #9
God Member

from a value point of view they are very good... from a company point of view less so....

GiffGaff in data spaff, goodybag gaffe: ICO says its 'avin a laff ? The Register

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:20   #10

All the family has been on Giff-Gaff for nearly 2 years now and it has saved us a fortune. Had no problems at all. I would definitely recommend GG, and my son had a good payback for all the recommends that he submitted. Brilliant all round.
Old 05-07-2012, 15:45   #11
Senior Member+

"Although GiffGaff is owned by O2, its infrastructure is all its own as far as possible. The systems that deal with new customers, their data and backend duties are built and operated by GiffGaff, but naturally there are a few overlaps, just like with any MVN"

quoted from below link

Giz Meets the Guy Behind the People's Mobile Network, GiffGaff | Gizmodo UK

Quote:
Giffgaff is not o2 restless

Last edited by Restless; 05-07-2012 at 15:48.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 18:13   #12
God Member

Was just passing on what the advisor told me, as i said in the post
Old 05-07-2012, 18:59   #13
Senior Member+

I suppose in all intents and purposes the adviser was right. Its like the article says. It is a limited company that uses O2's network as does Tesco, but O2 own the company. Its a win-win for O2 which ever way you look at it.

If I wasn't in a contract with O2 at the moment, I would seriously consider gifgaf PAYG

Quote:
Was just passing on what the advisor told me, as i said in the post
Old 05-07-2012, 19:36   #14
God Member

Thank god we got that one sorted
Old 08-07-2012, 18:33   #15
Junior Member+

I've been with giffgaff since day 1, and they are a great network. They are the only mobile network I know of who offer free calls to freefone numbers, such as 0800/0808/0500 prefixes. I have even met several of the team who run the English section of the network (they have online agents based in Derry/Londonderry). Phil8715 and I went to a giffgaff meet up shortly after they launched, and met several staff members.
rishtongirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..