Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2009, 19:55   #1
God Member

Google Chrome

anyone using it yet?

whats it like?
Old 17-05-2009, 20:20   #2
God Member

Re: Google Chrome

AndrewB uses it IIRC.

I am more than happy with Opera so I'm stayiong put for now.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 20:21   #3
God Member

i have opera, firefox and IE running now....dont ask cos i dont know lol
Old 17-05-2009, 21:12   #4
God Member

When I'm on Windows I like to use Chrome. I find it really fast at loading (rendering) pages. It's also less of a resource hog, a friend who has a rather slow PC finds it makes her life much easier!
Old 17-05-2009, 21:14   #5
God Member

ooo that sounds ok for me then Andrew...are you using it on your dongle? not that it really matters, just wondered if it would make that a bit faster?
Old 17-05-2009, 21:36   #6
God Member

Thumbs up Re: Google Chrome

its good i like chrome :when you open a new tab and the websites are there brill
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 21:52   #7
God Member

oh my word, i've just installed it...i know what you mean about the pages loading quicker

AND it does automatic spell check
Old 18-05-2009, 17:58   #8
Senior Member+

im currently using flock..tried chrome found it ok..

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 21:21   #9

Using chrome alot now due to i.e being slow and taking an age to load pages doesn't really affect me tho to be honest i used to use Firefox to browse now i am pretty happy with chrome
Roblaw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 21:30   #10
God Member

Just one question before I give it a go . are there any websites that it has any probs with?

I ask because I ve read before on here that some of these hit probs when browsing ?
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 13:25   #11

Downloaded Chrome this morning. I originally used Firefox and did do for quite a few years, however it started to run very slow and took an age to start up towards the end. I tried many things to put it right but all to no avail. I then moved on to Opera which I'm currently using. I find it pretty good and an improvement on Firefox.

Chrome does seem relatively quick but not much faster than Opera. I will continue to use it for a while and see if it has its advantages over Opera.
Old 29-05-2009, 16:10   #12
God Member

i'm liking the speed of chrome BUT it doesnt always open the pages that i want opening
Old 29-05-2009, 16:58   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i'm liking the speed of chrome BUT it doesnt always open the pages that i want opening
I'm noticing the same problems Flashy

The speed of it is pretty much bob on but its taking some getting used to compared to Opera or maybe its just me!!
Old 29-05-2009, 17:37   #14
God Member

no its not just you, its taken me a while to get used to it, i also have Opera and Firefox, i'm not keen on Opera so i tend to use Chrome and if thats not working i use Firefox
Old 29-05-2009, 20:55   #15
God Member

I'm happy to stick with Opera....

It sort of works how mu brain does which in truth is what you should look for in any piece of software.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..