Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 09:50   #1
Resting in Peace

Hacker alert

Just received an Email from my Daughter in China with regards to an Hacker alert that's doing the rounds She just says not to open any Emails from a Simon Ashon "[email protected]" it appears by opening his email your system is infected and pass word can be hacked, it will also spread to others in your email list, don't know if anybody else ha heard this but thought it maybe an idea to warn you lot just in case its a serious threat

Last edited by Mick; 12-10-2009 at 09:52.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2009, 12:56   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Hacker alert

i never open emails from people i dont know
surely that is commonsense,mind you i may miss a lot
of info given out for free.

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 16:54   #3
Senior Member+

Common Sence Prevails (Sp)

The Email in the first post is a Hoax though, like many that go around.
Old 12-10-2009, 20:28   #4

Hiya Jaysay
We got one this morning that was sent last night from a friend but we didnt open it sent it straight to spam .
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 20:56   #5

Forgot to say it was from that simon 25 but was warned to to open it .
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 21:58   #6

Father Christmas keeps sending me these emails too, so I just forward them to the tooth fairy
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 23:31   #7
God Member

my dad told me never to trust anyone called Simon, Jeremy, or Cecil..so I'll stick to it
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 03:40   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
my dad told me never to trust anyone called Simon, Jeremy, or Cecil..so I'll stick to it
Jermemy and Cecil I agree Mancie, but as far as Simon is concerned "Huston we have a problem" My Son inlaw's called Simon
Old 22-10-2009, 22:58   #9

just to let you know you cannot be "hacked" by just simply openning the email to read it it is not possible altho i cant se anyone clicking any links within the email it self.

for any one worried about getting a virus or being conned by fake or dangerous webpages google NoScript, as an addon for firfox users it disables anything it thinks is unnessicary from the pages you visit and read, the only way toshow or view what you want it by clicking on the blocked object or alowing the page to be show from the menu in the bottom right hand corner
tsar_nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 00:03   #10
Senior Member+

tsar.. no script is good but doesnt just block anything... more like everything

this is what you see when you search that email on facebook

A NEW HACKER WILL DESTROY YOUR PC AND EVERY THING YOU HAVE ON YOUR COMPUTER AND EMAIL ....
THIS IS NO JOKE

IF A PERSON CALLED SIMON ASHTON SIMON25@HOTMAIL CO UK CONTACTS YOU THROUGH EMAIL DON'T OPEN THE MESSAGE. DELETE IT BECAUSE HE IS A HACKER!!

TELL EVERYONE ON YOUR LIST BECAUSE IF SOMEBODY ON YOUR LIST ADDS HIM THEN YOU WILL GET HIM ON YOUR LIST. HE WILL FIGURE OUT YOUR ID COMPUTER ADDRESS, SO COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE EVEN IF YOU DONT CARE FOR THEM AND FAST BECAUSE IF HE HACKS THEIR EMAIL HE HACKS YOUR MAIL TOO!!!!!...

Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled 'Mail Server Report'

If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC,
And the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's are not capable of destroying it .

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, And ask them to
PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY

Last edited by Mick; 23-10-2009 at 05:33.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 12:28   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
tsar.. no script is good but doesnt just block anything... more like everything

this is what you see when you search that email on facebook

A NEW HACKER WILL DESTROY YOUR PC AND EVERY THING YOU HAVE ON YOUR COMPUTER AND EMAIL ....
THIS IS NO JOKE

IF A PERSON CALLED SIMON ASHTON SIMON25@HOTMAIL CO UK CONTACTS YOU THROUGH EMAIL DON'T OPEN THE MESSAGE. DELETE IT BECAUSE HE IS A HACKER!!

TELL EVERYONE ON YOUR LIST BECAUSE IF SOMEBODY ON YOUR LIST ADDS HIM THEN YOU WILL GET HIM ON YOUR LIST. HE WILL FIGURE OUT YOUR ID COMPUTER ADDRESS, SO COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE EVEN IF YOU DONT CARE FOR THEM AND FAST BECAUSE IF HE HACKS THEIR EMAIL HE HACKS YOUR MAIL TOO!!!!!...

Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled 'Mail Server Report'

If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC,
And the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus software's are not capable of destroying it .

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, And ask them to
PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY
well it says it all believe that and start believing in santa again but oh well peoples choice ether "warn" people by chain mailing this jsut message at the same time forwarding on EVERYONES email to some one else and then using all those emails to send more junk mail too (this is how malware is spread) so if you get any warnings that ask you to PASS THIS ON, then just delete it immidiatly and stop the spam,malware and phishing as thats all the chain mail does. its not safe to surf the web any more it seems everyone is trying to scam everyone else
tsar_nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 17:45   #12
Senior Member+

yeah thats why i posted it.. its just another stupid chain mail spam
Old 06-11-2009, 08:30   #13
I am Banned

Does it help you with your spelling as well
gobbynerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..