Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2010, 15:52   #1

Help Getting Website Visitors

Hello
I recently bought into 2 ebooks which u have selling rights to,im new to selling things on the internet lke this,ive tried facebook ,freeads,marketgiant and some more but i dont seem to get anyone buying into them,if i got the right amount of visiters im sure id make a few quid a day which would be great..also am i allowed to put the links to them on here? idont want to get into trouble if i did.. many thanks Paul .
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-05-2010, 15:56   #2
God Member

Re: Help Getting Website Visitors

I have an ebook reader and get all my ebooks FREE, usually from scribd.
If I had to pay for a book I would prefer a print copy.
I don't think you have much chance of making money charging for e books

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 16:03   #3

the ebooks are free to read but as you read on you can buy them and sell them 100 % commision and get other great things to help you with clickbank. sorry if im not making sense,like i said im new to this just thought it might make me a bit of money..
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 16:12   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Hello
I recently bought into 2 ebooks which u have selling rights to,im new to selling things on the internet lke this,ive tried facebook ,freeads,marketgiant and some more but i dont seem to get anyone buying into them,if i got the right amount of visiters im sure id make a few quid a day which would be great..also am i allowed to put the links to them on here? idont want to get into trouble if i did.. many thanks Paul .
Make sure the pages of your e book have better English than your post, then people might read them.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 21:15   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
also am i allowed to put the links to them on here? idont want to get into trouble if i did.. many thanks Paul .
No you are not allowed to make money out of this site and I would remove any links.
Old 01-05-2010, 21:45   #6

As Margaret says, most ebooks are freely available on the net, if not now then they soon are.

What are your ebooks about?
And if they are free to read then why would we want to buy them?

And if they are free to read who on earth is going to want to pay us for them?

Methinks you have made a very bad investment, doubly so because you do not appear to understand how to market your product.

Last edited by mattylad; 01-05-2010 at 21:48.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 22:23   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as mattylad says most e-books ya can get free, been that way for a couple of years now, was gonna p.m. ya n tell ya best chance to flog em at no cost, but as ya don't accept P.M.s tough.
Old 01-05-2010, 22:40   #8
God Member

Some libraries (down south) have an e book service - no charge.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:31   #9

I'm sorry to be negative but this is a scam and a friend's friend has been caught by one of these schemes
Pyramid schemes are clubs that promise, once you've paid a joining fee, large amounts of money for recruiting new members. However, the schemes always collapse for want of new members, leaving many people significantly out of pocket.

Read more: Consumer Direct warns of pyramid-selling scams - 11 Mar 2009 - Computeractive
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 15:04   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Don't think flogging e-books is a pyramid scam wadey, its a bad errand yeh no doubt.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..