Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neil

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2013, 13:27   #1
Senior Member+

How to contact hotmail?

In the last week I've noticed that I have not received some emails which the sender has told me tyhey ( several) have sent. One (a member on her) has told me that she presed 'Reply' and it was sent to [email protected] instead of yahoo.co.uk. I haven't got a hotmail account.

How can I contact hotmail to enquire about this?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2013, 15:43   #2
Senior Member+

Re: How to contact hotmail?

With the amount of spam people report coming from you I would

1) get A new email account pref gmail (its the best)

2) complete reinstallation of your system

3) if you use email readers such as out look etc stop using them.
Old 12-02-2013, 16:04   #3
Senior Member+

Thanks Restless. This may not be necessary, as my blood pressure could well terminate things for me. I've just had my second call of the day to Yahoo
Old 12-02-2013, 19:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
With the amount of spam people report coming from you I would

1) get A new email account pref gmail (its the best)

2) complete reinstallation of your system

3) if you use email readers such as out look etc stop using them.
I have both Hotmail and Gmail. Just curious: why do you think Gmail is the best?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 20:20   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I have both Hotmail and Gmail. Just curious: why do you think Gmail is the best?
Back in the day I never liked hotmails layout....

I am part of a mailing list and many people reply to subjects and every other email system back then listed everything seperately. Google was the first (to my knowledge) to file emails of the same subject together. I dunno if that is a strong case for it being the best......

I guess I am just a google fanboy
Old 12-02-2013, 23:14   #6
Senior Member+

Now siz and a half hours after I rang Yahoo. I think my problem has been sorted. I will know in the morning. I am off up the wooden hill
Old 13-02-2013, 08:22   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
In the last week I've noticed that I have not received some emails which the sender has told me tyhey ( several) have sent. One (a member on her) has told me that she presed 'Reply' and it was sent to [email protected] instead of yahoo.co.uk. I haven't got a hotmail account.

How can I contact hotmail to enquire about this?

Looks like you have given your email account password to some hacker. Change your password and hopefully you will be ok.

You will probably have received an email from someone you know saying something like "Click here to view my holiday pictures" or "you have a new message from (someone you know), click here to read it"

When you click to view/read it will take you to a page that looks like yahoo and ask you for your password. Well done you just gave your password to a hacker and now your email will be accessed and emails sent to all your friends.

I had an email from my sister the other day telling me I had a private message from her, I emailed her telling her she had been hacked - she uses gmail
Old 13-02-2013, 08:27   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Back in the day I never liked hotmails layout....

I am part of a mailing list and many people reply to subjects and every other email system back then listed everything seperately. Google was the first (to my knowledge) to file emails of the same subject together. I dunno if that is a strong case for it being the best......

I guess I am just a google fanboy

I use both gmail and live, my company use a managed gmail account for company email and I have just migrated a local charity away from an exchange server onto a managed google business account. Gmail is good but I don't like the label system. I prefer lives's folder system, I also like the way I can drag emails from my inbox to folders in live. I have one live account and about 6 gmail ones so I am used to both
Restless likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..