Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2009, 19:42   #1

i pod touch

can anyone tell me how to use this stupid thing before i throw it through my window, been trying for 2 days now and it wont even switch on, ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2009, 20:27   #2
God Member

Re: i pod touch

have you charged it up? if its new surely it will need charging? i know nothing at all about them though
Old 27-12-2009, 09:42   #3
God Member

plug it into your usb port and start itunes on your computer, your computer will charge it up ( you dont need to run itunes to charge it up it will charge as soon as you put it into your pc)

start itunes , if you havnt yet installed itunes just google it then download and install

run itunes and follow teh onscreen instructions

wher eit says playlists click one of teh geners like 90's music for example then drag and drop your mp3s into itunes

click where it says devices and your ipod will be listed

at teh bottom right corner of itunes it will say sync

click sync and it will transfer your songs to your ipod

that is a very basic rough guide as its very hard to explain how to use any apple garbage it can drive you mental teh level of stupidity apple are capable of

when you get comfortable and nore familiar look into jailbreaking your ipod touch with an app called blackra1n i have just done my sons and hes now got loads of free games loaded onto it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 21:02   #4
God Member

hmmm the on switch is on the top of the I pod, not the button in the middle down near the bottom

that might help

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 19:52   #5

thanks we know where the on button is,lol. it wouldnt unlock or come out of sleep, we have done it after 2 and a half days of fustration and my daughter absolutely loves it, thanks for the tip about the blackrain.
broadhurst7173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 21:53   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadhurst7173 View Post
thanks we know where the on button is,lol. it wouldnt unlock or come out of sleep, we have done it after 2 and a half days of fustration and my daughter absolutely loves it, thanks for the tip about the blackrain.
sometimes the obvious is the answer, hey I had to be showed on my lads lol

glad you got it sorted

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 17:20   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadhurst7173 View Post
be warned at the moment on the new ipod touches liek my sons if you switch it off or reboot it you have to plug it in , ignore warnings from itunes and run blackrain again

if you need further info pm me and i will send you links showing what the deal is in youtube or just search youtube yourself for blackrain ipod touch

im addicted to teh guitar hero game for ipod touch my lad dosnt get a look in when he brings it here lol

my brother recently got an iphone and as stupid as this sounds for a modern phone it will not allow you to bluetooth photos or any other files top friends because apple are over paranoid you may share a rington

blackra1n will also cure this problem and allow you to use your iphone how it shoudl be used , you have to get a bluetooth app which is free and run it but after that you have a fully functional bluetooth iphone

again youtube it theres loads of info on there

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 30-12-2009, 18:05   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
be warned at the moment on the new ipod touches liek my sons if you switch it off or reboot it you have to plug it in , ignore warnings from itunes and run blackrain again

if you need further info pm me and i will send you links showing what the deal is in youtube or just search youtube yourself for blackrain ipod touch

im addicted to teh guitar hero game for ipod touch my lad dosnt get a look in when he brings it here lol

my brother recently got an iphone and as stupid as this sounds for a modern phone it will not allow you to bluetooth photos or any other files top friends because apple are over paranoid you may share a rington

blackra1n will also cure this problem and allow you to use your iphone how it shoudl be used , you have to get a bluetooth app which is free and run it but after that you have a fully functional bluetooth iphone

again youtube it theres loads of info on there
Thanks for the bluetooth thing ,thats the only thing wrong with the i phone is you can't bluetooth pics or even mms a picture to any phone excepit another i phone ! they don't tell you this when you take put the contract either !!
ian
ian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 19:35   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian1 View Post
Thanks for the bluetooth thing ,thats the only thing wrong with the i phone is you can't bluetooth pics or even mms a picture to any phone excepit another i phone ! they don't tell you this when you take put the contract either !!
ian
just be sure that if you ever need to return your iphone under warranty to restore origional apple setings which will also be shown how to do on youtube

if apple wernt such arse holes they woudl probably have a lot more happy customers than dis satisfied , they claim it is blue tooth but dont tell you it will only work with connecting headsets

oh and its very simple to do it takes seconds iv done loads for friends

Old 30-12-2009, 22:46   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
just be sure that if you ever need to return your iphone under warranty to restore origional apple setings which will also be shown how to do on youtube

if apple wernt such arse holes they woudl probably have a lot more happy customers than dis satisfied , they claim it is blue tooth but dont tell you it will only work with connecting headsets

oh and its very simple to do it takes seconds iv done loads for friends
it says on u tube not to do it on the 3gs
ian
ian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 18:04   #11
God Member

just keep an eye on things each time they relase a generation of iphone or ipod they sort out a more up to date version toget things working as tehy should

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..