Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2014, 10:24   #1
God Member

Laptop screens gone mad

turned my little laptop on the other day and my screen has gone funny, i think it might be the pixels but it may be something else, can anyone please give me some advice

thankyou

pic might be a bit naff cos i cant actually see it properly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140626_110953.jpg (519.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 26-06-2014, 10:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Laptop screens gone mad

Is it always like that or does it flicker. You could try a driver update, but my guess would be a loose connection or dry joint somewhere.

Edit: Do you have an external monitor or TV you can plug it into to see if the same happens on that?

Last edited by gpick24; 26-06-2014 at 10:52.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 11:11   #3
God Member

it is always like this, dont have another monitor
Old 26-06-2014, 11:23   #4
Senior Member+

Laptop screens gone mad

Is it like that right from when you press the power button, or just once windows has loaded.
Old 26-06-2014, 11:27   #5
God Member

from turning it on, it hasnt been dropped or anything, i can still use everything on it, its just the screen thats annoying
Old 26-06-2014, 11:37   #6
Senior Member+

Laptop screens gone mad

Not a driver or windows problem then. The wifes laptop has a similar issue, but tilting the screen at certain angles puts it right. I would suggest getting it looked at.
Old 26-06-2014, 11:41   #7
God Member

thats why i was asking on here first...for advice
Old 26-06-2014, 22:43   #8

Set your power options to sleep when you close the laptop lid.

Use the laptop 'til it looks mad, then close the lid. Wait 30mins then open the lid and carry on using the laptop.

All that procedure is intended to see if something is overheating - either the screen, CPU or the graphics card.

If it's still mad as soon as you open the lid, it's not an overheating problem. If there's a delay before it starts behaving that way again, it's an overheat.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 23:22   #9
Senior Member+

So you see this on the screen whilst windows is loading of after its loaded? Last time I seen this kind of discolouration was installing the wrong video driver
Old 27-06-2014, 02:53   #10
God Member

as soon as i turn it on Rob, you can see the colour distortion straight away
Old 27-06-2014, 07:26   #11
Senior Member+

ouch! Either a damaged screen or the connector between has a wire loose. Seen similar things on those flip mobile phones, where the ribbon inbetween eventually gave up the ghost.... does the screen change at all when you move the lid?

How about VGA. Does your TV have a vga port? (and does your laptop have a vga output or maybe another output) perhaps you could use the laptop on the TV
Old 27-06-2014, 08:08   #12
Senior Member+

could be the lcd cable has been damaged it run through the hinge and can get pinched during opening and closing the laptop
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 09:38   #13
God Member

at work all day, will look when i get home, thanx guys
Old 09-07-2014, 15:28   #14
God Member

just noticed teh date oops

long winded reply deleted

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 19:13   #15
God Member

its still knackered J

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..