Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2008, 19:49   #1

loading photos

Hi there, can anyone tell how to put photos on windows vista? thanks in advance derek.
derekcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2008, 19:51   #2
K-P

Re: loading photos

i think you need to expand on the question as it doesnt make a lot of sense in its current form and could be a waste of time answering what we think you mean

happy to help if can understand what your trying to do?
Old 30-12-2008, 23:08   #3
God Member

yep, as Kipax says, what do you mean by putting pictures 'on' Vista?

do you mean from a camera? or changing desktop background or loading pictures onto accyweb for use in posts etc?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 08:01   #4

Sorry, i mean putting photos on my pc from a digital camera. Thanks Derek.
derekcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 08:51   #5
God Member

Choice of ways.

Plug teh camera in via USB. usually VIsta will recognise it unless its something esoteric and then let you copy the pictures to the Hard Disk. If it doesn't you will need teh CD that came with teh camera( or check teh manufacturers website for teh lastest version.)

or

Take the memory card out teh camera and use a Memory card reader, most PCs have one as standard now, if not you can pick then up for under a tenner. This can be a lot more convienient as you don't need to have the camera and wires hanging around or charged up.

If teh pictures are 'valuable' in a sentimental way then I would highly recommend burning them to disc and storing it at a friends/relatives in case something happens to teh PC or at worst your house. Another option is an online storage facility, I use(and recommend) FlickR ( Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing )as for teh 15 or so quid a year you get unlimited storage and uploads/downloads, It can be set to publish them publicly or keep them private or just to a restricted set of people. I even have a program on my phone that allows me to automatically upload pictures I take on it directly without even touching a PC.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 09:34   #6
K-P

Haa right.. yes I find a card reader to be best choice for many reasons. plus they are a couple of quid to buy and portable.

and please do follow ians advice re backups... from the moment i download my pictures I have two seperate (on different devices) copies .

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..