Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gordon Booth
  • 2 Post By Restless

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2015, 12:46   #1
Senior Member+

PC Censorship!

I'm in a library not Accy - but the system is blocking me from going into the General Chat forum here due to "unsuitable subject matter" - this is a recent thing and for years I used the same library and no problem. i can access any other subject or thread but this one.

Last edited by kestrelx; 14-03-2015 at 12:49.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2015, 14:21   #2
Senior Member+

Re: PC Censorship!

Well, we can blame you and AccyX for that!
Barrie Yates likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 23:17   #3
Senior Member+

Im guessing the library has recently upped their child settings on their network and that perhaps the word cannabis is blocking you from seeing the page. If I am correct in this, when you look again at this thread you will be blocked and if I am correct in that assumption then you wont be reading this anyway
DtheP47 and Studio25 like this.
Old 21-03-2015, 12:45   #4
Senior Member+

Yep it only blocks the General line! Bit strange though because I have just put the word "cannabis" in google and clinked on links and they have not been blocked!
Old 21-03-2015, 16:38   #5
Resting in Peace

Accyweb used to be blocked in Accy library because there was a chat room attached to the site
The only way you could get on Accyweb at the library when you first go in was to ask for level 3 access
Don't ask what that was all I know is it worked and you could go on the site
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 17:06   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Accyweb used to be blocked in Accy library because there was a chat room attached to the site
The only way you could get on Accyweb at the library when you first go in was to ask for level 3 access
Don't ask what that was all I know is it worked and you could go on the site
OK but it wasn't in Accy library - I am in Mcdonalds now as they have free Wi-Fi and they don't block it either.
Old 28-03-2015, 14:32   #7

McDonalds won't care - the reason public facilities don't like chat rooms is their proxy can't police the content.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..