Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 17:05   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Samsung Galaxy GT-I5800 Firmware upgrade

Since I just updated my PC to something decent enough to play new games like BF3 I have just reinstalled Windows7. In device manager I also had PCI simple communications driver not installed. I right clicked it and update driver and let chose the search internet option. It installed it and apparently it was Intel Management Interface.

Don't know if this is any use to you or the phone situation; just thought I would mention it
Old 07-08-2012, 22:14   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It almost takes me that long just to start the program up, I'm sure the download is corrupt.
Latest version 2.3.2.12064_10

Is yours earlier? I've seen a few comments from folk that are having prob's since they updated.
Its a different model phone so it will have a different software version anyway. The other phones I did were Galaxy S2's on version 4.03 I think.

Maybe uninstalling Kies and deleted any folders it may have created will delete the downloaded files and when you re install it will hopefully download them again when it first connects to the phone.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:37   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Its a different model phone so it will have a different software version anyway. The other phones I did were Galaxy S2's on version 4.03 I think.

Maybe uninstalling Kies and deleted any folders it may have created will delete the downloaded files and when you re install it will hopefully download them again when it first connects to the phone.
Done that.

As I say, the 'phone will talk directly to my laptop, but I can't use Kies, I'll wait for a later version and try again, after all the 'phone is working just needs the firmware update, eventually.

Thank's anyway.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 19:20   #19
Senior Member+

Been playing around a lot with my phone. Last week I successfully unlocked the bootloader, rooted and installed a customROM on my Sony Xperia Ray. Took a bit of reading and learning(took me 6-7 hours) seems some phones are easier than others. It was worth it, the phone is now MUCH better now.

Searching around XDA forums I thought of this thread.

If you are not bothered over warranty have you considered Rooting and installing a customROM ?
Samsung Galaxy 3 i5800 - xda-developers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..