Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2008, 12:35   #1
Senior Member+

Samsung Tocco

Just thought id do a thread about this phone for anyone whos got one and like to comment on it or for people that dont know much about the phone and maybe thinking of getting one.

I have this phone on contract which i purchased last week. At first i was a little scared as its a touch phone and i thought id get anoyed with it and texting etc would be extremely hard but it really isnt at all, its so easy to text when you get the hang of it and the touch is is just right. Also which is good is the great pictures produced by the 5mp camera.The thing what first caught my eye about this is how stylish it is, if your into how good your phone looks then you wont be dissapointed, its got a great black tint with silver round the sides , with a stainless steel backing. Surfing the web is absolute great and is extremely fast, however watching youtube videos are not the best quality tbh.
All together this phone is a beauty and i would recommend it to anyone!

If anyone knows of any sites for downloads for this phone etc then please let me know

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2008, 12:53   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Samsung Tocco

Im also on contract with one. Rekon i will get bored of it soon however but its a good phone imo.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 12:57   #3
Senior Member+

Yer i feel the same too nickelson! You downloaded anything good on it etc? Or know of any websites for applications etc

Old 21-09-2008, 13:04   #4
God Member

I've had a look at this myself but opted for the Omnia instead

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 13:20   #5
Senior Member+

no not yet fc:stanley & KSH i wished i optied for the omnia but it wasnt out when i took out my contract...
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2008, 13:30   #6
God Member

Hope I did the right thing choosing this, never known a phone with a reset button on it before, did they have to put that on because its windows based and no Ctrl Alt Del keys

www.ubuntu.com

Old 21-09-2008, 13:35   #7
Senior Member+

The only problem ive had since ive got this on contract from my Nokia is that i cant seem to find any good applications or anything or anything to customise it!
Does the omnia do this better?

Old 21-09-2008, 13:37   #8
God Member

Haven't looked yet to be honest, don't get the phone till next week

www.ubuntu.com

Old 22-09-2008, 11:11   #9
Senior Member+

i have a tocco on contract think it is a very good phone i like the touch screen and the videos, i also like the cover than came with it that protects the screen1 only thing is i can not get youtube working on my phone for some reason, i can get the internet working just not showing the videos on youtube

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2008, 15:40   #10
Senior Member+

MCR , search on your google internet etc for Youtube mobile. I have vodaphone and use there internet and when i search for YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. it comes up with the mobile version , however the video sound isnt reight good. What network are you on?

Old 22-09-2008, 16:00   #11
Senior Member+

am on 02 with unlimted internet ok i will try that if not it might be my settings so will phone them up

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 20:36   #12
God Member

I have some java games that you can use, you may need to create JAD files but this is quite easy,

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 22:20   #13
Senior Member+

Never heard of them Entwisi , you will have to show and tell my friend.

Old 25-09-2008, 01:28   #14
God Member

I can't believe you lot buy phones without checking whats available for them first? Its a bit like buying a computer without knowing if there is anyone writing stuff to work on it!

Re the java games, send me an email addy via PM and I'll email you teh files, send them to teh phone via bluetooth or using teh samsung software, if that doesn't install them you will need to do a minor hack ( Nokias do it automagically, Sony-E's need you to create JADs, not sure about Sammys)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..