Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 15:09   #1
Senior Member+

samsung z500 - anyone know how to unlock one?

the other half has a samsung z500 and its locked to vodaphone - however due to us swtiching to virgin media we have their mobile sim in our package and would like the mobile on that...
so can anyone tell me how to unlock the phone for free ? - there are some codes on the net but they dont seem to work and vodaphone wanted £21 from me to do it ...

can anyone help ?

thanks
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2008, 15:11   #2
God Member

Re: samsung z500 - anyone know how to unlock one?

Chris take it to that shop on blackburn road in accy (top of portland street) they dont charge anywhere near that amount

PC Cellular 178 Blackburn Rd,
Accrington, Lancashire BB5 0AQ Tel: 01254 236627

Last edited by flashy; 12-01-2008 at 15:13.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 15:37   #3

Theres also a stall on Blackburn 3 day market that unlock phones as well. As far as I can remember it doesn't cost no more than £10 and doesn't take long.
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 17:41   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Chris take it to that shop on blackburn road in accy (top of portland street) they dont charge anywhere near that amount

PC Cellular 178 Blackburn Rd,
Accrington, Lancashire BB5 0AQ Tel: 01254 236627
I wouldnt trust them as far as a i could move them throught the air with my arms. My old pc was took in by the buyer who bought it off me and they said oh he as installed the hard drive wrong the memory was wrong and the graphics card was not for the pc.... the pc was 100% standard.
Old 12-01-2008, 18:13   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
I wouldnt trust them as far as a i could move them throught the air with my arms. My old pc was took in by the buyer who bought it off me and they said oh he as installed the hard drive wrong the memory was wrong and the graphics card was not for the pc.... the pc was 100% standard.

but this a phone we are talking about carl, i take all my phones there if they need unlocking, always have, always will and ive never had a problem with them
Old 12-01-2008, 18:20   #6
Senior Member+

how much do they charge flashy ?
Old 12-01-2008, 18:28   #7
God Member

ive only ever i paid between £5 and £10 i think it all depends on the make of the phone, best thing to do is give them a ring Chris and ask them first what they would charge
Old 12-01-2008, 21:44   #8
Resting in Peace

I used the one in Union Road, Ossy couple of years ago .. just below Civic Theatre opposite .. also was spot on .. cost me £ 5 (probably a little more now) .. and he had to do extra work on it because wasn't straight forward .. but didn't charge any extra.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 21:05   #9
Senior Member+

cheers...will give them a try too...
Old 14-12-2009, 11:07   #10

Hi for unlocking your samsung mobile it is better to log onto Unlock-Free.com : Unlock your mobile phone for free and unlock your mobile free of cost...............
david22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 11:40   #11

Try this mate:

1- Enter code *7465625*28782# without a sim in the phone
2- Phone will display "Auto Subset Lock: Activated!"
3- Enter code *7465625*28638# without a sim again
3- Phone will display "Auto Network Lock: Activated!"
4- Now insert the sim and enjoy! Phone is Unlocked!

Cheers
Bob97531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 11:54   #12

Angry Re: samsung z500 - anyone know how to unlock one?

you might find that vodaphone contract phones are a bit harder to unlock than other networks, and the only real solution is to beg vodaphone....no one either online or at any shop could help me with my old sony ericcson k 850i, and as a result i had to stay with vodaphone on a pay as you go simm which i got on ebay.......oh and a big thank you to the swine that nicked it along with all my other pressies that were in a bag that vanished whilst being unloaded from car to my brothers house on bold street early october....the only bag nicked, and it was the one with all holiday pressies
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 14:07   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngleIron View Post
you might find that vodaphone contract phones are a bit harder to unlock than other networks
You'll find them the easiest now, just call 191 and they'll give you the unlock code free of charge, all contract phones come now open to any network.
PS I think Glasgow Guy will have sorted this by now, thread nearly two year old

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 14:39   #14

just spotted that !!!
Bob97531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..