Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2008, 21:48   #16
God Member

Re: SCAN computer shop

I've bought loads of stuff from Scan and I love the place. Better when you know exactly what you want and you can have it delivered though... otherwise it is just a nightmare queueing up.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2008, 23:14   #17

Scan - recommended to me from a bloke working at PC world
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 19:43   #18
God Member

i use scan a lot and i recomend them to others but i also tell people to beware as a few times i have had retuned stock sold to me as new and also had retuned stock sold to me that hadnt been checked properly and was faulty which meant me traveling back to bolton to return the items

one more thing is that scan charge a minimum £10 to deliver an item so its not always cost effective to buy from them and you are just as well buying from as much as it pains me to say this PC world

scan is ok if you are going to be building a complete system but for individual items you are just as well buying localy as by teh time you have paid for fuel to get to scan or their delivery charges its often the same price to shop localy and you get your item faster

dabs.com is good and they sell returned stock at a discounted price and it is checked before resold but no longer have a trade counter so its mail order only

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 20:20   #19
God Member

i see what your saying about the £10 charge for delivery, but if you need a lot of items then surely it will be worth paying the tenner for the delivery?
Old 09-09-2008, 21:55   #20
God Member

i kinda already said that .....duh lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 09-09-2008, 21:56   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Scan - recommended to me from a bloke working at PC world

that is the only good advice to come out of that company......

go elswhere lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..