Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2011, 12:47   #76
God Member

Re: What Happens When You Change ISP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The only reason I got accyman to help out is that, believe it or not I'm not physically able to start messing about pulling wires out and replacing them, plus he set up a hard line for me (ethernet cable) which is better, I was using wireless and losing the connection 2 or 3 times a day
I have never used a wireless connection - always used an ethernet cable.
Your BT home hub could still be transmitting wireless capabilities for others to use unless he accessed the home hub settings to disable it. Did he?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2011, 12:48   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretr View Post
i have never used a wireless connection - always used an ethernet cable.
Your bt home hub could still be transmitting wireless capabilities for others to use unless he accessed the home hub settings to disable it. Did he?
yip
Old 13-11-2011, 12:51   #78
Senior Member+

When you ring BT technical helpline you always get through to a call centre with indians on it. It is hard work trying to understand them.But the other week when I had cause ti ring I spoke to an Indian lady witha very good command of English and she spoke slowly
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 12:53   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
yip
Good - when you live in a block of flats as we do there is always a risk that a neighbour is getting a free ride.

You may have a generous nature and not mind, until you realise that their use slows down yours.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 18:40   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
When you ring BT technical helpline you always get through to a call centre with indians on it. It is hard work trying to understand them.But the other week when I had cause ti ring I spoke to an Indian lady witha very good command of English and she spoke slowly
The Indian women at BT are certainly better than men when it comes to being understood

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..