Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 16:23   #1

Windows 7 Download

Windows 7 Beta:

32-bit version: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...FRE_EN_DVD.iso

64-bit version: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...FRE_EN_DVD.ISO

Download crashes for me between 200MB-300MB but it is working for some.

SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-01-2009, 18:31   #2
God Member

Re: Windows 7 Download

Haven't really got a clue about Windows 7 or what I should do with it. I've got Vista on my laptop (actually really like it), should I download Windows 7?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 18:45   #3
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Windows 7 is the replacement for vista. This is whats called beta which means its not finished but they let techies play with it and find the bugs. Its not for general people unless you are prepared to put up with it crashing etc
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 18:55   #4
God Member

Cheers, I'll steer clear for the time being.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 19:16   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Windows 7 is the replacement for vista. This is whats called beta which means its not finished but they let techies play with it and find the bugs. Its not for general people unless you are prepared to put up with it crashing etc
It's more stable and less of a resource hog than Vista, even in beta.

Download worked fine for me, got it installed on vmware.
Old 10-01-2009, 20:48   #6
God Member

Had enough hassle with XP without worrying about Windows 7 or Vista. Will worry about what to have to when I get a new comp.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 21:57   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Haven't really got a clue about Windows 7 or what I should do with it. I've got Vista on my laptop (actually really like it), should I download Windows 7?
Leave well alone. they have'nt been able to sort vista out yet, they have all sorts of crap in the pipeline trying to get away from the bad imnage caused by vista, check some of the web forums on vista, then you'l know whats what.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 22:23   #8
God Member

You've got to be very brave to beta test a Microsoft OS

My policy is to leave it 20 years from official release while they sort out the bugs then upgrade to it
Old 11-01-2009, 08:23   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I have come to the conclusion that all operation systems are rubbish and full of issues and it is just a case of hoping it will work most of the time without causing you too many problems. If you are non technical you will have more problems, trouble they may not realise they have problems until it is too late - its just a fact of life.

How they get away with selling software with so many problems is beyond my understanding.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..