Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2011, 21:30   #16

Re: Windows 7 - System Administrator!

Also try turning off User Account Control, windows doesn't recommend turning your User Account Control off, but you can turn it back on when you've finished uninstalling your program.

Click on your Start Button, then on Control Panel, then on User Accounts and Family Safety, then on "Change your Windows password" under User Accounts. The last option on the "Make changes to your user account" screen is "Turn User Account Control on or off."

Click on that and you'll go to a window that lets you turn your User Account Control off. You may need to restart your computer for it to take effect.

You can then uninstall your program. When you're done, you can go back to the User Account window and turn your User Account Control back on. You may even get an error warning you that it's off with a bubble you can click to automatically turn it back on.

Good luck
Bob97531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2011, 09:26   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob97531 View Post
What program is it your trying to get rid of ?

You can also try downloading the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility at
How do I uninstall Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2010 suites if I cannot uninstall it from Control Panel? It will show you all the programs on
your computer and may give you a better chance of uninstalling it...

If not, let me know, we'll try another angle of attack

Cheers
It's a music software program. The issue is why is a computer telling me I don't have the authority to remove a program that I installed? Surely there is a way to get into higher system administration? Or is that a privelage only Bill Gates holds?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 09:38   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If you did it that way it tells you the time and date from where to restore
As I was trying to save my computer I didn't look - I just thought "restore the system" - pressed the button and luckily it worked. I didn't look to check for times and dates!
Old 22-03-2011, 09:58   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
As I was trying to save my computer I didn't look - I just thought "restore the system" - pressed the button and luckily it worked. I didn't look to check for times and dates!
Always check times and dates kestrelx
Old 22-03-2011, 11:00   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob97531 View Post
Also try turning off User Account Control, windows doesn't recommend turning your User Account Control off, but you can turn it back on when you've finished uninstalling your program.

Click on your Start Button, then on Control Panel, then on User Accounts and Family Safety, then on "Change your Windows password" under User Accounts. The last option on the "Make changes to your user account" screen is "Turn User Account Control on or off."

Click on that and you'll go to a window that lets you turn your User Account Control off. You may need to restart your computer for it to take effect.

You can then uninstall your program. When you're done, you can go back to the User Account window and turn your User Account Control back on. You may even get an error warning you that it's off with a bubble you can click to automatically turn it back on.

Good luck
Cheers; but that doesn't seem to work, I go to "Change User Account Control Setting" that comes to a window with a slider control that allows to select about sensitivity of notifying me about making changes to my computer, I put that on least sensitivity and it's not making any difference at all!

I think the best thing is for me to contact the makers of the software they may know what to do!
Old 22-03-2011, 12:52   #21

Yes, do this and let us know the results

Sorry to be no use... lol
Bob97531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 10:19   #22

Hi.... what is the software you are trying to get rid of? .....
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 23:54   #23
God Member

just a long shot here but try booting up in safe mode yuo can do this by tapping f8 while your computer boots up

your screen will look a lot different but it only loads up basic services that may be preventing you from uninstalling the software

then try removing the software via programs and features then reboot normaly

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2011, 00:01   #24
God Member

also this may be usefull

How to Get Full Administrator Rights in Windows 7 | Web Talk

i havnt had any problems with win 7 but i am running win 7 ultimate N series but incase the link wont work heres how to give total control to any account you have

1:Click Start.
2:Click Computer (you can also found this icon on the desktop).
3:Right click on the Hard Disk icon where your OS is installed on and click Properties.
4:Click the Security tab.
5:Click the Advanced tab.
6:Click the Change Permissions button located after the Permission Entries list.
7:A new window will appear on your screen. Such a window contains a list of all the user accounts available on your computer.
8:Select the user account you want to give total control over your Windows 7 and click the Edit button.
9:Now, tick the checkbox labeled “Total Control” and press OK.
Done!

unfortunatly i cant test this as i have lent out my laptop with win 7 on to my son

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 29-03-2011, 08:55   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
just a long shot here but try booting up in safe mode yuo can do this by tapping f8 while your computer boots up

your screen will look a lot different but it only loads up basic services that may be preventing you from uninstalling the software

then try removing the software via programs and features then reboot normaly
I recently did that accyman but I tapped f11 whilst rebooting safe mode still came up
Old 30-03-2011, 01:13   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I recently did that accyman but I tapped f11 whilst rebooting safe mode still came up
knowing your keyboard skills you were probably hitting f8

funny that though because iv only ever seen f11 used to bring up boot device order menue and f2 or delete for bios entry

will have to try what you did when i get my lappy back

Old 30-03-2011, 09:08   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
knowing your keyboard skills you were probably hitting f8

funny that though because iv only ever seen f11 used to bring up boot device order menue and f2 or delete for bios entry

will have to try what you did when i get my lappy back
To be honest thats what I was trying to do but safe mode poped up instead

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..