Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Restless
  • 1 Post By Restless

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2022, 15:35   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Yet Another Too Good To Be True!

I got an email, supposedly Tesco, £500, I'm a customer signed up for club card etc.

Opened it, and straight away it didn't seem right, (looked liike it was from them), did a quick google found this:-
https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/tesco...-your-27297510

O.K. the article is dated 23 June but I got the email today, so they are still trying, the buggers!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2022, 13:55   #2

Re: Yet Another Too Good To Be True!

Something else to look out for:
I was sending my daughter who lives in Australia a Christmas present in a packed parcel. I send anything to her from Germany instead of Switzerland as this is much cheaper.
I was asked do I want it sent by DHL, which I declined. After a couple of weeks or so I asked my daughter if the parcel had arrived, to which she replied not yet.
Then I get an E-Mail from DHL with their logo asking if I would like a tracking number for any parcel being sent, so of course I said yes. After filling out all the registration forms on the internet, I was told the price would be 5 Swiss Francs (approx. £4.50) which didn’t seem too bad. So then I came to the point in which you pay, in my case by credit card, after which I was expecting a tracking number, but nothing came through, which didn’t alarm me at the time.
The day after I went into my credit card account per internet and low and behold there were 3 bookings 1 from Paris, and 2 from Rome, adding up to approx. 200 Swiss Francs!
I then blocked my credit card for any further purchases. Almost immediately the credit card firm had already blocked any further purchases, and I was credited with any loss incorporated.
The funny thing was, that when I reported this to the police, they said they know about this scheme, it would appear that the gangsters send thousands of e-mails Europe wide and just take pot luck for someone who has sent a parcel somewhere, and I was one of the unlucky ones.
So be aware of any e-mail from DHL on tracking.
Cheers
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 15:37   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I have had a few similar emails, the logo looks similar to DHL's but it's EHL obviously a made up company bin anything that tries to ask for extra cash.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2022, 13:56   #4
Senior Member+

A while back i got a txt message stating i could claim up to £6000 for the car accident i was in.

It must've been a bad accident - i don't recall it happening!
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 19-09-2022, 14:55   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
A while back i got a txt message stating i could claim up to £6000 for the car accident i was in.

It must've been a bad accident - i don't recall it happening!

So with damage that extensive & severe you'll be mega big bucks quids in then?
Old 19-09-2022, 15:45   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So with damage that extensive & severe you'll be mega big bucks quids in then?
unfortunately not
DaveinGermany likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..