Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Forum (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f84/)
-   -   Kinect or Nintendo Wii (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f84/kinect-or-nintendo-wii-56029.html)

panther 13-12-2010 18:22

Kinect or Nintendo Wii

Thinking of getting either Kinect to go with the already got xbox or get the nintendo wii with board.
Which do ya reckon?
im a woman and probably like most, havent got a clue:confused:
:o

flashy 13-12-2010 18:30

Re: Kinect or Nintendo Wii

Jac, Wii's are fantastic and can be a lot of fun, i've never used a Kinect so couldn't comment on that, i'd pick a wii

panther 13-12-2010 18:46

Was thinking that , could do with losing a few pounds especially after xmas lol

think i'll go shopping now and find meself a bargin ;)

flashy 13-12-2010 19:14

you can get wii's for about £80 pre-owned now Jac, go to cash generator or cash converter

panther 13-12-2010 19:21

its ok, just got me fella to buy me a brand spanking new one...hehe, it's he's money he can spend it on MEEEE :dflam:
:alright:

heth 13-12-2010 20:18

I would recommend the wii aswell, hope you have fun!! :D

Neil 13-12-2010 20:27

The extremely helpful manager at Game in Blackburn was telling we last time I was in that she has a kinect and its great fun.

Margaret Pilkington 13-12-2010 20:31

wii for me too.

cashman 13-12-2010 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 868755)
The extremely helpful manager at Game in Blackburn was telling we last time I was in that she has a kinect and its great fun.

well lets be honest neil, she would hardly say they are crap?

glasgow guy 14-12-2010 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 868837)

ha ha ha.. exactly what I thought when I read it... and it has to be a wii as you cant get donkey kong for xbox..

accyman 14-12-2010 07:05

kinect is more acurate and more responsive but for the kids and family fun the wii is the better option simply because there are more games for the wii that are for kids.Kinict is better though because like i already said it is more responsive,acurate and you dont need to hold a controler for example when boxing it just follows your hands.

heres a youtube vid of some guys doing the sports package.No controlers just run on the spot like mad lol

YouTube - Kinect Sports

got the kinect for the lads for xmas and so far i have resisted temptation to test it out lol

accyman 14-12-2010 07:11

heres a review of all 3 if it helps

Microsoft Kinect vs PlayStation Move vs Nintendo Wii - Pocket-lint

Quote:

Kinect
There are no controllers needed for Kinect, or rather, the only controller you need is you. That's the magic of it. If you want to drive a car, you put your hands on an imaginary steering wheel. You want to shoot a gun, you make like you used to with your finger when you were in the playground. You want to do the Funky Chicken...you get the point.

Of course, that does mean that you actually need to run furiously up and down on the spot in athletics games. Have fun with that.

R

Neil 14-12-2010 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 868837)

She is a member on here and was giving her honest opinion when I asked. I was not after buying one either but I do think she would have said wait while they sort it out if there were problems with it.

shillelagh 14-12-2010 22:35

i would have gone with the kinect as well ... i read an article somewhere a few month ago that said doctors and hospitals had seen more cases of RSI over the last 6 months from people using a wii and the controllers ...

cashman 14-12-2010 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 868871)
She is a member on here and was giving her honest opinion when I asked. I was not after buying one either but I do think she would have said wait while they sort it out if there were problems with it.

its no reflection on her, its good to get n opinion, meself i always ask in a shop, n then ask various people n then make a decision.;) but i still stand by me comment.