Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2007, 17:13   #1

Anyone getting a PS3?

Anyone getting a PS3? I'm getting one on Friday, replacing my now out of warranty Xbox 360 with it. I want Blu Ray movies mainly and the HD DVD drive of the 360 just doesn't cut it. Motorstorm and Resistance look good too

Anyone else?
Old 21-03-2007, 22:50   #2

Re: Anyone getting a PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth76 View Post
Anyone getting a PS3? I'm getting one on Friday, replacing my now out of warranty Xbox 360 with it. I want Blu Ray movies mainly and the HD DVD drive of the 360 just doesn't cut it. Motorstorm and Resistance look good too

Anyone else?
I am guessing you are another person to fall short on the 3 red light problems ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2007, 01:05   #3
I am Banned

no thanx ps3 is pure garbage and still after last min adjustments just before release cant deliver teh power it claims it can

get a xbox360

edit:

btw sonys ps3 since release has fallen drasticly short of sales figures and not even teh sony sheep in teh uk will alter that lol

its garbage i posted before how sony got busted at a show for playing dvd video while havinga guy reakoning on he was playing teh game trying to pass it off as in game footage

have you seen the price of the piece of junk

stick with your ps2 or xbox 360

Last edited by chav1; 22-03-2007 at 01:10.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2007, 05:28   #4
Senior Member+

i probably will end up gettin a ps3 after a get a decent plasma that can do my 360 and my future ps3 justice

only thing is i'll b waiting to get a jap version of the ps3 as its a no holds barred version of the poncy watered down uk version
Old 24-04-2007, 23:42   #5
Junior Member+

I don't think i'll be getting a PS3 or 360, i'd rather just upgrade my computer with a better graphics card or something. I'll get my friends to but it and i'll play theirs! =) i just don't want to spend all of my money on these new game systems again...i do want to play the new halo 3 coming out though...and ps3 has some pretty sweet games...well, maybe i'll hope for one at christmas or something, lol. Anyone here already have the ps3 here that has some reviews for me?
Old 25-04-2007, 00:19   #6
Senior Member+

I want one,but not yet.They still have a few teething problems.The ones you buy in europe are missing some chip so they dont play all PS2 games.I'm an on-line gamer and that is no good to me as I play FIFA and FIFA Champions league both of which cannot be played on the PS3.My mate says there is some patch that will be available but they seem to be taking thier time with it,the things been out a month.Sony also promised thier price would not come down until 2008,but alas its already started dropping.
Old 09-05-2007, 16:31   #7
Senior Member+

hmmmmmmm

i just got told gta IV is comin on the 360 same time as the ps3

mite not b worth gettin a ps3
Old 09-05-2007, 17:11   #8
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

ill geta ps3 when they are half the price, untill then ill stick to the ps2, dont fancy the wii, or the xbox
Old 09-05-2007, 17:46   #9
Senior Member+

xbox is gonna win this round deffo

;wii's done really really good to
Old 09-05-2007, 18:21   #10
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

xbox???
nah!!!!!!!!!!!
playstation are a lot better, to me anyway.
you seen the price of xbox games?
bloody ridiculous!!
Old 09-05-2007, 18:41   #11
Senior Member+

ps3 aint any cheaper!!

plus what u have to think is this - with the ps3 sony is takin a bigger loss per console than wii and xbox

plus rite now u got the 360 budget titles comin out for £10-£20

really good games for cheap
Old 09-05-2007, 22:02   #12
Senior Member+

The ps3 is fantastic i have a 360 and a ps3 and we had a wii but it was naff the novelty soon wore off and we sold it!

As said before the ps3 is worth its money just for the blu-ray player the films are fantastic you can pay upwards of £500 for a blu-ray player that will only play blu-ray discs the ps3 plays normal dvd and those copied ones you can get the online gaming is great (and free) fair enough they dont have a wide range of games out just yet but no console ever does on release,
Daddiboo payed around the £350 mark for the 360 when it first came out and it has no HD player with it if you want one of those you have to pay an extra £100-130 so there it evens in price with the ps3 and the ps3 has more memory on it a 60g hard drive!

A blu-ray disc holds more information than the HD disk so is better quality!

It will go online with ease, and has bluetooth tech your pad is bluetooth not inferred therefor no loss of play when someone walks past and will pick it up for a vast distance, you can also use your bluetooth headset that you go handsfree with your phone as the headset for online gaming!

I think this console is very underestimated.

This will be a better console when it is fully backwards compatible and it is going to happen!!

But i dont think we are quite ready to throw the 360 to the dogs just yet! lol
Old 11-05-2007, 13:22   #13
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
ps3 aint any cheaper!!

plus what u have to think is this - with the ps3 sony is takin a bigger loss per console than wii and xbox

plus rite now u got the 360 budget titles comin out for £10-£20

really good games for cheap
im talking about ps2
Old 14-05-2007, 03:39   #14
Senior Member+

*LOL*

ohhhhh ok - yeah i had one - i was always in the xbox camp 2 b honest - i gave it to my nephew who has it in his room now...

yeah loads of ps2 games goin cheap now! soem great titles there too

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..