Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2006, 23:39   #1
Senior Member+

Can anyone tell me?

My PS2 doesn't seem to recognise most of my games these days. It's ok with some but doesn't want to play others. Unfortunately, the others are the ones I would like to play.

Can you tell me what I should do about it? Please xx

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2006, 17:54   #2
God Member

Re: Can anyone tell me?

have you tried cleaning it.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 18:56   #3
Senior Member+

Yes, Madhatter, we tried that. Took it all apart and dusted out the insides but having read up on it today, it may need it's lasers cleaned with alcohol. That's next on the list and if it doesn't work I can always drink it!!

Thanks for trying though.

Old 12-07-2006, 19:29   #4
God Member

strangely enough, try standing it on its side whilst playing a disc, this can sometimes help when a laser guide is a little tired

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 21:40   #5
Senior Member+

It usually is on it's end but I've now placed it flat on the ground. That was another piece of advice from the sites I looked at today. I suppose, being five year's old, it might be time to say cheerio. Sad though.

Withdrawal symptoms are setting in already!

Cheers for the help.

Old 22-07-2006, 17:29   #6

Theres a guide on the internet that you can use, and it has something to do with a small cog which needs spinning to a certain extent, the cog sets how close the laser is to the Disc, hence why some games work and others don't. When I had hassle with my PS2 though, I just opened it and cleaned the laser with a cotton bud. Be careful when opening it though, theres a silver strip that is attached to the power and reset buttons, if this comes out, it is a real pain to get back in.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 00:37   #7
Senior Member+

Thanks for that Diesel. We had the same trouble with the silver thing but stuck a little bit of blue tack on it to keep it in place whilst the screws went in.

Cleaning it hasn't worked so the next step is following the instructions on the web page concerning the little wheel. Keep your fingers crossed x

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..