Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2004, 03:41   #1
Junior Member+

Cool Computers theese days!

Just wondering... but do you lot play computer games?, if so... what games do you play?

I play :

Counter-Strike (www.counter-strike.net)
Team Fortress Classic (Dont know!)
Day of Defeat (www.dayofdefeat.net)
Half-Life (www.half-life.com)
GTA:VC(MTA Add-on) (www.mtavc.com)
Myth Of Soma (www.mythofsoma.net)

The one that i play most though is counter-strike (brilliant game) the only problem with Counter-strike, Team fortress classic, Day of defeat and half-life is that you need "Steam" to play them. (www.steampowered.com)

And if you think im a saddo... i hate to say this, But your spot on there

---

Should women have children over 35?; no ffs, 35 children is enough!
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2004, 10:52   #2

Re: Computers theese days!

fifa 2004. nonstop. My latest challenge is to turn Kiddermisnter Harriers into a premiership side with all the best players in the world
Old 05-09-2004, 13:38   #3
Junior Member+

Wink Re: Computers theese days!

If you like adventure games, basic images but lots of gameplay and difficult puzzles to solve, try www.spiderwebsoftware.com - This is a small American company from whom you buy direct. You can download extremely large sections of the game as a demo - then if you like it you can buy a key, or the game on disc and even hint books. The games are dirt cheap compared to the boxed games you buy in the shops. They all have built in character editors to give extra healing etc. I spent hours playing them - sometimes I have to be reminded to eat and sleep!!!

Give them a try and support struggling software companies rather than being ripped off by the software giants
Jody fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 21:21   #4
Senior Member+

The new champ manager (wont be called that this year) is out soon.....can't wait!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:01   #5

Only one footie game for me - PES 3. Used to be a FIFA 'head' but PES3 just has better and more realistic gameplay even if the visuals aren't as good. I used to like Champ Manager but it just takes over all of your time and causes relationship problems (between the player and the rest of society)!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 20:36   #6
Senior Member+

Pro Evolution 3 is top notch...
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 14:19   #7
God Member

Mame running such classics as Space Invaders, Crystal Castles, Star Wars, Defender, Hyper Olympics, Gorf etc.

Driving games I like Motorhead, not the latest game by far but the dynamics are superb and it flies on relatively low spec machines.

I still prefer Unreal to any of the Tournament versions , I prefer to stalk/sniper than run around madly.

I've stoped playing a lot of games, I tend to use them to pass an hour rather than an evening.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..