Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2011, 16:40   #1

HD Video feed from a console (Wii HD or PS3 or Xbox 360)

Does anyone know if any of the above consoles send their video to the TV using a standard HDMI cable, with a socket at the console which is the same as the socket on the TV?

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2011, 21:28   #2
Senior Member+

Re: HD Video feed from a console (Wii HD or PS3 or Xbox 360)

Think so. You can stream HD from PC to PS3 using mediaservers...same with xbox360

I use Linux version of XBMC for playing HD on TV. I bought a DVI>HDMI Converter to put my pc on my 1080lcd.
Old 22-11-2011, 23:02   #3

the xbox 360 uses a standard hdmi cable and so does the ps3 to connect to the tv but the wii uses its own cable to connect to the tv
sean2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 23:24   #4

Thanks, folks.

Old 15-04-2012, 16:05   #5
Senior Member+

Yeah. PS3 and XBOX360 both have HDMI. I think older 360's don't. I have another ps3 now and its streaming capability over wireless will make you pull your hair out.

Original XBOX1 modified with xbmc4xbox can output HD via a RGB cable. Though its processing ability leaves it lacking so it can only play certain HD files

What about raspberry pi ? this cheap and very small solution for running XBMC and ability to have HD at little cost. The creators of this product have been overwhelmed by the interest in it and way too many orders.

Raspberry Pi | An ARM GNU/Linux box for $25. Take a byte!

I have recently built A HTPC that has HDMI output. The motherboard was around £90-- The rest of the bits....

* B U R N * D O W N * T H E * D I S C O *: HTPC-- Just My Luck With PC's
Old 16-04-2012, 07:56   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
...What about raspberry pi ? this cheap and very small solution for running XBMC and ability to have HD at little cost...
I'd be very surprised if the Pi is fast enough to capture a HD feed, but I've already "registered an interest" for another project, but I wasn't one of the first, so am waiting for a note to say they're taking orders.

As my project couldn't wait, I bought a couple of Netduinos instead.

Old 16-04-2012, 20:42   #7
Senior Member+

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..