Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2003, 09:24   #1
adi

Post MarioKart

I was fortunate enough to receive MarioKart last Saturday as a present from this missus.

To be honest, i used to caine the old one when I was younger and thought that id buy the new game for 'novelty' value.

However I must say its a fantastic game, especially in multi-player mode.

Last Sunday was spent with friends racing around the tracks, turning the air blue after being hit with one of my 'friends' missles and generally having a really good laugh.

Nearly one week on and im constantly on the game in single player mode and even them the enjoyment is high although for true value you must player the game against other 'human' opponents.

Marks out of ten?  Eight

Let me know what you think of the game
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2003, 18:59   #2
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Post Re: MarioKart

I've always been a fan of MarioKart and we bought one for my daughter for Christmas. Only trouble is we had to try it out to check it's ok and I'm afraid its had some hammer ever since, it's still not been wrapped so I better go now and make sure it still works  

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 11:06   #3
adi

quality.

the thing is though, is the game really for your daughter's christmas or will it be you 'showing' her how to play in on xmas day!?!

Old 11-12-2003, 19:51   #4
Accy Red

I like the way you're thinking but it's now wrapped and I'm under orders only to help her if needed and only play if i'm asked  

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 12-12-2003, 11:35   #5
adi

thats a disaster - no Mariokart til Xmas Day at the earliest!!

how old's your daughter Bagpuss!?!

Could see easily 'persuade/influence' her into letting you 'teach' her to play the game?   ;D
Old 22-12-2003, 10:57   #6

Im getting Mario Kart for my fella (ok, ok, my fella and ME!   ) thanks Adi for the recommendation, i am sure he will love it too.  ;D
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2003, 18:42   #7
Accy Red

You will love it Dizzy D, Adi she is old enough to still be influenced by her dad into letting me 'teach' her to play the game?      

Old 23-12-2003, 09:37   #8
adi

Bagpuss is right Dizzy D, you will love the game.

Bet your counting down the hours till christmas day then Bagpuss!?!

Old 05-01-2004, 10:03   #9

Well i must say that MarioKart is very, very addictive! I am soooo glad i bought it now, we have been on it none stop for the past week. And it is ace that you can have more than one player, my fella, his daughter and me can all play at the same time. Good recommendation!
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 13:40   #10
adi

Yeah its a really good game - especially when their is a few people playing, it adds to the enjoyment!!

Must admit - I am a bad loser though, not that I lose very often!!! lol
Old 09-01-2004, 21:29   #11
Accy Red

Pity we can't play online Adi, I've reached a fair standard myself and would be up for the challenge, although I'm neglecting MarioKart in favour of Zelda (Wind Walker) at the moment.
Old 12-01-2004, 16:03   #12
adi

Yeah that would have been a laugh Bagpuss.

Ive not bought Zelda yet - is it any good? I used to play the old ones when I was younger.

Im currently playing Splinter Cell on the Playstation 2 at the moment though.
Old 12-01-2004, 19:49   #13
Accy Red

It's excellent, i've played and completed all the Zelda series from way back whenever but this one is going to take forever, I don't seem to have as much time these days to give it my all (
Old 24-03-2004, 19:33   #14

Re: MarioKart

Fantastic game especially in muli-player, me my dad, bro, sisiter all sat down in very tense races...... bond nightfire is as good or better in multi-player!!!!!!

JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 15:19   #15
Junior Member+

Re: MarioKart

mario kart was one of the best n64 games in my book i think that whole series is awesome
necrojjl is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..