Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2004, 16:07   #1
Roy
Administrator

Arrow Online console gaming, PS2 or XBox?

I've got an Xbox and a PS2. I finally have broadband and now I am wondering which console to get connected up. My favourite type of games are driving and strategy, I'm not into halo and all that.. Has anyone any experience with one or the other online?
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2004, 21:00   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Online console gaming, PS2 or XBox?

we to have both an x box and a ps2 roy and im getting broadband next week we will be connecting the x box my fella likes driving games n all that and it helps to know someone who has x box live. He likes it that much hes bought his son an x box for his room so they can go live together i dont know if this helps but i dont know anyone who has their ps2 on live!
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2004, 19:07   #3
Senior Member+

PS2 much better me thinks........not got it on live though
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 19:41   #4
God Member

Just got Ps2 online if you want any advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
I've got an Xbox and a PS2. I finally have broadband and now I am wondering which console to get connected up. My favourite type of games are driving and strategy, I'm not into halo and all that.. Has anyone any experience with one or the other online?
Old 23-01-2005, 19:50   #5
Senior Member+

I prefer my PC to consoles.

More versatile, and you just buy the joypads and steering wheel once!

The only console I have is my trusty SNES, and I only keep that for Donkey Kong Country

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005, 19:59   #6
God Member

Hubby fights people all over world on WWE wrestling game and i like playing The Sims online, be good for Roy if he's into racing games, can sometimes get boring beating computer over and over again so gives you a chance to see how good you really are with people all over world and u can chat on it too. Novel idea but not sure yet if it will take off in a big way and it was quite expensive to set up.
Old 23-01-2005, 21:16   #7
Senior Member+

I have pre-ordered GTA: San Andreas for £25. This game costs £5 more on play.com (£10 elsewhere).

So apart from being more versatile, you also get better value for money, because if San Andreas is anything like Vice City, Rockstar will have added a few 'tweaks' since November, so the game will be improved by the time it lands on my doormat on 10th June

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2005, 12:02   #8
Senior Member+

yeah online gaming with ps2 is brillian.just hope more games come out were you are able to go on line with.
Old 24-01-2005, 14:38   #9

the easiest and most reliable online console gamiong is the xbox. It even integrates with MSN to tell you which friends are online
jrenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 15:03   #10
Senior Member+

PS2 deffinitely
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 11:43   #11

The Xbox online is far superior to the PS2, always has been always will be.

But as you have both, what I'd suggest you do is try them both to see what "you" think.

You can get 2 month demo's to let you on Xbox Live, (I don't know about PS2 version).
Then you can keep it or not.

It's only £19.99 for the whole year's live subscription at game at present & that includes the headset.

I have been on Xbox Live since it started, now I'm just so into it that I won't enjoy a game unless it's live.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2005, 12:21   #12
Senior Member+

yeah but ps2 is £19.99 and thats it indefinatly.you just register and wait for pin number
Old 28-01-2005, 12:06   #13

the problem with ps2 is that it's all incosnsitent, differnet logins for different servers, some games run peer to peer without a server and they run like a dog. Xbox, all games run through server and use the samw login, makingt eh experience much easier, also downloadable content is more prevelant in xbox games due to the built in hard disk.
jrenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 19:17   #14
Senior Member+

how do you get yr ps2 to run on your p what do you need to buy and things
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2005, 19:44   #15

ytou require a plugin network adaptor to play online , plus have any of you guys checked out http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/index.php, using your pc as a portal and conning your console xbox,ps2,psp or whatever into thinking your using a multiplayer game, a good way of those naughty chipped xbox owners still being able to play online
dazzalam is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..