Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2007, 15:03   #1
Senior Member+

WII or 360

Looking for some opinions.

Which is better.

Will mainly be played by a 5 yr old.

Does anyone else have either or both and let there kids play, which would be better suited for a 5 yr old. Ie most compatable games.

TIA
Old 16-08-2007, 15:50   #2
God Member

Re: WII or 360

My kids have a WII. At first it wasn't too good because of the shortage of games, but now there are plenty for them.

They have a playstation, Xbox and WII, and personal, I like them to play on the wii because they aren't just sat around all day..... with the Wii it keeps them active, and when they go to bed, its a great console to get all adults together for a game of COMPETITIVE bowling lol

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 16:00   #3
God Member

Dont have a console but the WII would win as its more interactive in my view.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 16:14   #4
Senior Member+

i'd say a wii

for that age a 360 is too expensive and a bit complicated with the games - the kiddy games arent really upto much

but the wii's interaction is brilliant. naturally i got both of them
Old 16-08-2007, 16:18   #5
Senior Member+

Thanks.

Looks like its the Wii then.

So is there anything I need to know, get after, Ie Memory Card,controllers ect?

Seen them at £179.00 in Currys.
Old 16-08-2007, 20:32   #6
Senior Member+

for that age group a wii will win every time, if you are buying new, try and get a deal that includes wii play, its some fun little games but you get another remote and its only 35 (its 30 just for the remote) to play 2 player boxing (included with the wii) you will also need another nunchuck, about 15

bowling is excellent aand thats also free with thw wii its on wii sports wich is boxing,golf,bowling,tennis and baseball

standard sd card but you dont really need one unless you plan on downloading older gen games from nintendo and paying for the privalage, another handy hint for that age is, buy a couple of gamecube controllers and you can get some classic gamecube games ie mario kart for next to nothing in the game shops, the wii is backward compatible
hope this helps
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 20:38   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
for that age group a wii will win every time, if you are buying new, try and get a deal that includes wii play, its some fun little games but you get another remote and its only 35 (its 30 just for the remote) to play 2 player boxing (included with the wii) you will also need another nunchuck, about 15

bowling is excellent aand thats also free with thw wii its on wii sports wich is boxing,golf,bowling,tennis and baseball

standard sd card but you dont really need one unless you plan on downloading older gen games from nintendo and paying for the privalage, another handy hint for that age is, buy a couple of gamecube controllers and you can get some classic gamecube games ie mario kart for next to nothing in the game shops, the wii is backward compatible
hope this helps
Nice one.

Just got to find somewhere that stocks them, Currys, Asda all sold out.

Dont fancy Ebay. I like to pay and leave with the goods.

I have a Gamecube at the moment will it play the games? how do you mean backward compatable?
Old 16-08-2007, 21:23   #8

Try game or gamestation in Accy.

(As an adult game try Resident Evil 4 Me and the wife are playing it most nights now great fun. Ignore this last bit if you have a heart condition or are of a nervous disposition though.)
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 23:16   #9
God Member

Rayman rabbids is kewl,

Asit was explained to me, Wii is for non 'gamers', 360 and PS3 id for those people who are console addicts

I enjoy playing teh Wii as does Julie as its a laugh and some valued exercise!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 10:42   #10
Junior Member+

I have a Wii, the latest game I have is the new Driver - its brilliant
Old 18-08-2007, 08:26   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Nice one.

Just got to find somewhere that stocks them, Currys, Asda all sold out.

Dont fancy Ebay. I like to pay and leave with the goods.

I have a Gamecube at the moment will it play the games? how do you mean backward compatable?
yes it is backwards compatible, wich means it will play gamecube games, you can also download (at a price) classic nintendo games for the older formats

you can also have the wii chipped, and before the moral police jump on my back, chipping a console is LEGAL, playing backups is LEGAL!

if you have a 6 year old odds are they are not to good at looking after delicate discs that can be easily scratched, and then the 35 quid you just forked out for is wasted, so legally you can chip your console make a backup of the games you own (when you purchase a disc on any format you pay for the content and not the disc) put the original in the cupboard and play the backup, if you sell the original you must destroy the backup as you no longer own the content.

pm me for further info on wii or xbox 360 chips and backup process
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 00:25   #12

anybody know where i can get my wii sorted so i can play copied games? im also after having my friends xbox 360 flashing too. got a selfish brother who is not willing to help me out so now iv resorted to signing up to forums,iv signed up to so many of these forums now just waiting for replies bt dont seem to b getting anywhere, its getting really fustrating now. can somebody please help me out?
matthew_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:54   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew_24 View Post
anybody know where i can get my wii sorted so i can play copied games? im also after having my friends xbox 360 flashing too. got a selfish brother who is not willing to help me out so now iv resorted to signing up to forums,iv signed up to so many of these forums now just waiting for replies bt dont seem to b getting anywhere, its getting really fustrating now. can somebody please help me out?
As this is your first post, I honestly don't see you getting a reply for fixing your problem. Maybe you should be nice to your brother, and get his help. I do not think a public forum is going to give you what you need. Google is your friend....
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 13:09   #14
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Just buy proper legit games like everybody else, why get copied games if your wii is equiped to use em? lol
Old 09-01-2009, 11:20   #15

Matthew, have you tried Google or Bowlers fair in Manchester, they do it while you wait so that you can play homebrew games on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I like to pay and leave with the goods.
I like to buy expensive stuff from local shops so that I can take it back & shout at someone if it goes wrong
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..