Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk > Gaming Forum
Donate! Join Today

Gaming Forum Talk about the latest PS2, xbox or whatever systems and our own classics!!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 22:51   #1
I am Banned

XBOX Live

Has anyone got XBOX Live?
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2005, 16:13   #2

Re: XBOX Live

Yes, but I rarely use it. The entire population of Xbox Live seems to be made of up twelve year old Americans who scream constantly in annoying voices about how you're cheating, then start raving about how drunk/high they are at the moment.
It's a great idea and fun for periods of time if you can find decent people to play with, but god it gets annoying...
p_headless_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 17:56   #3
Senior Member+

They have probably played GTAIII and Vice City as well that their parents bought for them, who are now complaining about the violence in it, totally missing the point that both games are 18 (or adult) rated.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 19:10   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
They have probably played GTAIII and Vice City as well that their parents bought for them, who are now complaining about the violence in it, totally missing the point that both games are 18 (or adult) rated.
Oooh don't get me started on this!

The amount of parents that I have sold this too only for them to hand it straight over to their kids is unreal. One woman laughed and asked what the big deal was over Vice City - I explained that to get extra points her ten year old son could pick up hookers, conduct "business", then kill them and get his money back. Needless to say she STILL bought it him.
Old 08-03-2005, 21:35   #5
Senior Member+

It seems as though you and me think alike on this!

I'm all for scoring extra points in this way, and it is handy to build up your health as well.

You should have asked her whether she would buy an 18 rated film for her ten year old son, then point out the 18 certificate on the box...

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:07   #6

I do point out thats it an 18. They just smile and say "Yeah, he's played at his mates, its ok".
Then they blame us when their kids go on mass murder rampages.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..