Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/bet-bagpuss-is-legless-this-afternoon-46176.html)

lancsdave 06-05-2009 18:01

Re: Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon

Seems Fergie had quite a night. Tried to stop a balloon from getting on the pitch and then missed the bus home :)

YouTube - Alex Ferguson loses his balloon...and misses the bus!

Bagpuss 06-05-2009 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 711320)
Seems Fergie had quite a night. Tried to stop a balloon from getting on the pitch and then missed the bus home :)

PMSL that cheered me up after the return of JB.:D

jambutty 06-05-2009 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 711317)
It was not a penalty and we all know it and now the ref also knows it. I have always been against video replay but with the speed of the game today plus all of the "diving", I,m changing my thoughts. There are cameras from almost every angle in the big games and an official would be able to determine in seconds just what happened and relay it to the ref. It happens in most other professional team sports so why not football. I know that every game couldn,t be covered but it should start somewhere and maybe eventually work down to the lower divisions.

We are all so clever with the benefit of hindsight and multiple video replays but you are ignoring the simple fact that a ref can only make a judgement on what he sees or the assistant referee makes him aware of.

You are also ignoring the handful of whatshisname’s shirt that Fletcher had hold of pulling the Arsenal player back. That alone was worthy of a penalty so what followed is completely irrelevant.

By the way, if you haven’t guessed already, I’m a Man U fan.

jaysay 07-05-2009 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 711394)
We are all so clever with the benefit of hindsight and multiple video replays but you are ignoring the simple fact that a ref can only make a judgement on what he sees or the assistant referee makes him aware of.

You are also ignoring the handful of whatshisname’s shirt that Fletcher had hold of pulling the Arsenal player back. That alone was worthy of a penalty so what followed is completely irrelevant.

By the way, if you haven’t guessed already, I’m a Man U fan.

Of course you are you JB, don't live in Manchester:D

jambutty 07-05-2009 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 711442)

I have been a fan of Manchester United ever since I saw the Busby Babes in action all those years ago. That was before Football League matches were live on TV. In other words I was on the Old Trafford terraces whenever leave from the Royal Navy coincided with Man U playing at home, until family commitments didn’t justify the expense involved in attending Old Trafford.

I also have a soft spot for Accrington Stanley and attend the occasional home match, yet I live in Darwen now and Blackburn before. Does that mean that I should not go and watch Stanley because I don’t live in Accrington?

I have searched high and low to find some rule or law that states a person must support the football team of the town where he lives. I have found no such edict.

So what is your infantile point?

Oh! I get it! You were trying to be ‘clever’ and failed miserably.

Commiserations to Chelsea. Losing the tie in the last few seconds is hard to take.

So once again it is up to Manchester United to fly the flag for England in Europe.

Good luck to both teams in the final and let’s hope that regardless of the result, the real winner will be football.

cashman 07-05-2009 13:22

Quote:

was completely missed, "Saddam" had a better sense of humour.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

jaysay 07-05-2009 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 711495)
was completely missed, "Saddam" had a better sense of humour.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Ya and they bloody well hanged him cashy:D:D:D:D

Mancie 08-05-2009 02:27

Quote:

And you live in Blackburn? :D

derekgas 08-05-2009 07:12

I was born in Manchester, but havnt lived there since I was a youngster, I have always been a Man U fan, but find I have to justify it by stating that I was born there, it shouldnt really matter, it is still (just about) a free country, I show interest in all the local teams though, because I like football, and like all the local teams to do well, by local, I mean North west teams, in Europe, I would always prefer the English teams to prosper, whether it is United or not.

jaysay 08-05-2009 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 711803)
And you live in Blackburn? :D

There ain't a football league club in Oswaldtwistle, and no in Accrington for many years:D

jaysay 08-05-2009 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 711814)
I was born in Manchester, but havnt lived there since I was a youngster, I have always been a Man U fan, but find I have to justify it by stating that I was born there, it shouldnt really matter, it is still (just about) a free country, I show interest in all the local teams though, because I like football, and like all the local teams to do well, by local, I mean North west teams, in Europe, I would always prefer the English teams to prosper, whether it is United or not.

I agree with you on teams in Europe Derek, on Tuesday I was supporting United as I always do, I wanted Chelski to beat Barca then United could stick it up um again this time in Rome:D, I like all English teams to do well in Europe but if a Lancs team are against another English club its the Lancs team first, I'll also be supporting Preston tonight and that other famous Lancashire side Reading tomorrow (geography was not my strong subject at school:D)

Bagpuss 08-05-2009 14:19

I've supported so many clubs this season i've lost count, this week I was an Arsenal fan, this weekend I'm Man City, I'm an out and out ABU (anyone but utd) and proud of it, unfortunatly my teams keep losing except Liverpool of course.

Bagpuss 08-05-2009 14:25

1 Attachment(s)
I found this picture and thought I'd share it because everytime I see it, it reminds me of Jam Butty.

jaysay 08-05-2009 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 711947)
I've supported so many clubs this season i've lost count, this week I was an Arsenal fan, this weekend I'm Man City, I'm an out and out ABU (anyone but utd) and proud of it, unfortunatly my teams keep losing except Liverpool of course.

Thats funny Bagpuss, I support 23 teams in the championship :D

Wynonie Harris 08-05-2009 21:49

The Wynonie Harris rule of football supporting applies here...

1) Everyone who lives in Accrington and district is required to support their hometown club (although certain dispensations may be available to those who adopt Stanley as their second club).

2) Everyone who lives in other towns is not bound to support their hometown club, but may instead support Stanley.

Got that? Good! :D